Italian marinated chicken breasts that are baked then topped in a balsamic and herb cream sauce with fresh basil and tomatoes. This easy bruschetta chicken recipe is easy enough for a weeknight dinner and impressive enough for a dinner party.
Would you believe it if I told you this was one of the very first recipes I ever learned how to make as an adult? When I was a green twenty-something living in my first apartment, I figured it was time to learn how to cook because ya know, bills are expensive.
It’s been so many moons now that I can’t for the life of me remember where I first learned how to make bruschetta chicken. All I remember is that I used to make this chicken at least once a week. In fact, my original hand written recipe was so old and dirty that I almost couldn’t read it!
I used that old and tattered piece of paper as a guide for this version of a clean bruschetta chicken. And I also added an amazing balsamic cream sauce to add flavor and fat which will help to keep you satiated!
Like all of my recipes, this dish is a cinch to make. You can easily do this on a busy weeknight after a day of virtual learning (eek!). And the best part is it tastes like something you’d order at a restaurant!
What You’re Going To Love About This Easy Bruschetta Chicken
- Clean and minimal ingredients (mostly herbs here)
- Healthy fats to keep you full
- Restaurant quality meal you can make at home
- Flavors even picky eaters will enjoy
- Several ways to serve
- Keto friendly
How To Make Bruschetta Chicken At Home
I really love sharing recipes that taste really fancy and complicated but are simple enough for any level of home cook to master. This bruschetta chicken is exactly that!
Here’s what you need to get started:
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons: 1/4 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon
- Liquid measuring cup
- Medium baking dish
- Nonstick skillet
- Wooden spoon
You’ll start by marinating your chicken in a savory oil and vinegar marinade. The longer you can let the chicken soak the better but a minimum of 30 minutes is fine.
Then you’ll bake the chicken in the oven, make your sauce while it’s baking, and you’re ready to eat with minimal effort!
Can You Make This Keto Bruschetta Chicken In The Instant Pot?
This recipe is not adapted for the Instant Pot. While the Instant Pot is lovely for a variety of dishes and I love it dearly (I did write a cookbook after all), I do not advise making this recipe in one. The main reason for this that the chicken will not retain the nice herby crust that you get from baking in the oven.
Where Do The Carbs Come From In This Clean Bruschetta Chicken Recipe?
It might be surprising, but there are carbs in just about everything, even spices! Not all carbs are bad and the carbs in this dish are all the good kind! Here’s where your carbs are hiding out in this recipe:
- cherry tomatoes
- balsamic vinegar (3 tablespoons spread out over 4 servings = not much per serving)
- garlic (yes, garlic has carbs!)
- heavy cream
- dried spices (yes, some spices have minimal carbs. The total carb count decreases by about 3g in this recipe when you don’t count the spices.)
How To Serve Your Chicken
There are many scrumptious ways to serve your keto bruschetta chicken. While the chicken and sauce are the stars of the plate, even a star needs a sidekick! Try one of these pairings to complete your meal:
- Gluten free pasta- I love Jovial spaghetti for a healthy (not low carb) option or Healthy Noodles for a plant based keto friendly option
- Mashed cauliflower
- Simple dressed greens- try mixing arugula and spinach with olive oil, vinegar, a splash of lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Roasted vegetables
More Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Oven “Fried” Keto Pork Chops
- Keto Lasagna with Egg Noodles
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole (keto, low carb)
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Bacon Cream Sauce
Weeknight Bruschetta Chicken (Clean, Low Carb, Keto)
For the Seasoning Mix:
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon granular sweetener
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons onion powder
- 1.5 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Chicken and Marinade:
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts about 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup oil avocado or evoo
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons dry seasoning mix
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5.5 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 ounce shallot thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dry seasoning mix
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dry seasoning mix. You should yield 3 tablespoons in total (about 0.8 ounces).
- In a large measuring cup, add the oil, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, water and 2 tablespoons of the dry mix. Whisk until combined.
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish. Pour the marinade on top. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Uncover the chicken. Do NOT drain the marinade. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce in a nonstick skillet.
- Over medium heat, saute the garlic cloves and shallots in the butter until softened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the halved tomatoes and saute until blistered, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of seasoning mix and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and heavy cream and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Nestle the cooked chicken (not the juices) into the prepared sauce. Serve immediately.