Save time in the kitchen with this easy halfway homemade keto chicken casserole. Ready in just a half hour, this low carb spinach artichoke chicken casserole is a one pot meal the whole family will enjoy!
This recipe was originally published on February 10, 2018.
You know those days where your kids/co-workers/spouse/the general public are “exceeding the limitations of your medication” and the thought of making dinner just makes your eye twitch? (Bonus points if you can name that quote!)
I know I’m not the only one. Days like those I need quick and easy meals that don’t require a bunch of dishes to clean up. Recipes like this one are perfect for those times.
A rotisserie chicken, store bought spinach artichoke dip, and 3 basic ingredients come together for a show stopping keto chicken casserole that your whole family is going to love.
This Will Be Your Favorite New Keto Chicken Casserole
And here’s why:
- Only 6 ingredients needed
- Eat sooner since it only takes half an hour to make
- Minimal cleanup (a one-pot meal if you use an oven safe skillet!)
- Rich, creamy, and cheesy
- Kid approved
- Easily double or triple the recipe for a crowd
- Only 8 net carbs for a hearty and comforting keto casserole
How To Make This Keto Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole At Home
Making this keto chicken casserole is a breeze to whip up. If you have an oven safe skillet, it can even be a (keto) one pot meal recipe!
This recipe is definitely one I’d categorize as halfway homemade! As much as I love cooking from scratch, it’s not always realistic.
Using pre-cooked, store bought, or even rotisserie chicken makes this recipe come together in no time.
Of course, if you don’t have any cooked chicken handy, you could easily boil chicken breasts on the stove or use your Instant Pot to cook some quickly.
Want an Instant Pot version of this recipe? Check out my cookbook!
A store bought spinach artichoke dip and frozen broccoli (steamed) also cut down on the prep time for this low carb chicken casserole recipe.
I like to use the La Terra Fina brand of spinach artichoke dip that I find at Costco but I hear Trader Joe’s has a great one also. Of course, you can use whichever brand you can find or prefer!
Preparation takes just 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how fast you work in the kitchen. Simply heat up your dip in a skillet (non-stick works best), whisk in some cream, and then toss with the broccoli and chicken. Bake in a casserole dish for 20 minutes, top with cheese, and broil till bubbly.
It really doesn’t get any easier!
How To Serve Your Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
Because this dish has ample protein, fat, dairy, and even veggies, there is really no need to make a huge spread.
This keto chicken casserole is really a fully meal in one dish. However, our mind can play tricks on us and make us think we’re not getting enough to eat if we don’t have something to accompany our main meal.
Here are a few side options to round out your meal without blowing your calories:
- Simple dressed greens- try spinach and arugula drizzled in a little olive oil, red or balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Light Caesar salad
- Steamed asparagus
- Roasted carrots
Here Are Some Other Keto Casseroles You May Like:
- Keto Ham Casserole with Swiss Cheese and Broccoli
- Keto Instant Pot Spaghetti Casserole
- Pulled Pork and Bacon Keto Casserole
- Keto Fajita Casserole
- Keto Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1.5 cups store bought spinach artichoke dip
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm the spinach artichoke dip up until it’s starting to melt, about 3 or 4 minuts.
- Pour in the heavy cream and stir continuously until it reaches a sauce consistency.
- Remove from the sauce from the heat and toss in the steamed broccoli and cooked chicken. Stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler so the cheese gets bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Rest 5 minutes before serving.
Use pre-cooked or rotisserie chicken for even more time savings.
Want to make this recipe in your Instant Pot? It's in my cookbook! Order a copy today on Amazon!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/6 of casserole
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 26.9gCarbohydrates: 10.4gNet Carbohydrates: 8.2gFiber: 2gProtein: 28.3g