Make a restaurant quality dish at home with this elegant keto cauliflower rice recipe. Mushrooms, artichokes, and garlic come together for a keto side dish that is (at home) date night worthy.
Cauliflower really made its comeback in recent years, didn’t it? It’s a good thing that happened before 2020 because we all know how this year’s gone…ha!
Whomever decided to try ricing cauliflower deserves a Nobel Prize in humanitarian contributions. There are so many creative ways to use cauliflower rice in place of grains nowadays. If you still have an aversion to cauliflower, it’s just because you haven’t found the right way to cook it. I’m here to help fix that!
In my humble opinion, grain rice is nothing more than a filler. It’s cheap for restaurants to serve which is why you typically get a ton (looking at you Chipotle) but it is nutritionally void.
Cauliflower rice is just the opposite. Unbeknownst to many, cauliflower rice is quite beneficial to our bodies! It is high in fiber, aids in digestion, actually helps support your bones, is proven to help protect skin from UV rays, is a blood and liver detoxifier, and the list goes on.
I have shared many ways to use cauliflower rice here on my blog and today I’m going to share one more! I’ll make a convert of you yet!
This keto cauliflower rice recipe is a bit on the fancy side. As much as I love my children, sometimes momma just needs to feel like a bonafide adult. Mushrooms, marinated artichokes, and white wine make this a totally date-night worthy (since many of us are doing those at home these days) keto cauliflower rice recipe!
You Will Love This Keto Cauliflower Rice Recipe
And here’s why:
- Savory and fragrant flavors
- Pairs well with chicken, fish, shrimp, or scallops
- Restaurant level taste with home cook level skill requirement
- Easily sourced ingredients
- Dairy free
- Vegetarian friendly
Make This Savory Keto Cauliflower Rice At Home
If you want to impress friends at your next dinner party, spoil your spouse on your next in-home date night, or just feel a little fancy on a Tuesday, then this savory keto cauliflower rice recipe needs to be on your menu!
Here’s what you need to make this easy keto cauliflower rice:
- Large skillet (nonstick works best)
- Wooden spoon
All you need to do to prepare this savory side dish is sautè, sautè, sautè. As it cooks, the vegetables will soften, the aromatics will deepen, and you’ll be left with a delicious low carb cauliflower rice fit for a king!
If you have any fresh herbs, such as parsley (italian or flat), green onions, or basil, you can use them as garnish at the end for a pop of color!
How To Serve This Mushroom and Artichoke Cauliflower Rice
The combination of garlic, white wine, and marinated artichoke hearts take this simple recipe over the top. The light and aromatic notes work wonderfully with chicken, white fish, or really any seafood. You could also serve it with a lean steak, such as a filet.
Here are some recipes that would go well with this dish:
- Easy Keto Baked Cod
- Keto Fish Cakes with Aioli by Keto Diet App
- Seared Scallops in Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce by Keto Diet App
A light salad, steamed asparagus, or French green beans (haricots verts) would be a nice way to round out your plate as. Don’t forget a crisp glass of chardonnay or sauvignon blanc!
Ingredients and Substitutions
If you find yourself missing an ingredient or unable to find one something at your local grocer, here are my suggestions on substitutions:
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts– these are really quite common and easy to find. Marinated just means they are soaked in oil and herbs. These are typically located in the Italian or Greek sections of grocery store, or wherever your store keeps ethnic ingredients. If you are artichoke averse, you may omit this ingredient but your dish will be lacking in flavor. You’ll want to compensate with fresh herbs or a splash of white vinegar.
- Cauliflower Rice– not all cauliflower rice is created equal. Some brands are mealy and mushy, not what you want. I avoid Wall-Mart and Aldi brand cauliflower rice. If using frozen rice, be sure to thaw it completely first. You can do this by microwaving for half the time suggested on the package. Fresh cauliflower rice (or pearls, appropriately named) work great too. Alternatively, you can rice a head of cauliflower using a food processor.
- White Wine– the wine in this dish really does wonders for the overall flavor. You can use drinking wine (sauvignon blanc, pinot gregio, chardonnay) or white cooking wine (housed where oils and vinegars are in the store). You may use chicken stock as an alternative.
- 1 tablespoon oil (avocado or evoo)
- 3 ounces onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts in oil
- 4 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces cauliflower rice, thawed or fresh
- 1/2 cup white wine
- fresh herbs for garnish, if desired
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add onion, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, garlic, salt, and pepper. Sautè 4 to 5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add cauliflower rice and stir to combine. Continue stirring 3 to 4 minutes while the rice cooks.
- Add the wine, reduce heat to low, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with fresh herbs if using. Serve warm.
See blog post for subsitution options.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 2gCarbohydrates: 11.9gNet Carbohydrates: 7.5gFiber: 4.5gProtein: 5g