This recipe for keto chicken with bacon cream sauce is the most popular recipe on my blog. See what all the fuss is about with this amazing keto dinner recipe!
Okay, I’m hungry just after typing the title! I promised my Instagram followers I’d post this recipe I made the other night!
As some of you know, my husband and I recently switched to a ketogenic diet. We wanted to get healthier, set better examples for our kids, and generally feel good.
I came across this thing called “the keto diet” on Instagram and honestly, got roped in by all the YUMMY food these people were eating! Bacon, steaks, butter, coffee.
AND they were losing weight. Whaaaaa?
Honest to goodness, I saw people with 20-30-40-50 (and higher!) pound weightloss testimonies all because they started eating a ketogenic diet.
I was familiar with the term but not educated on it so I started researching. Lo and behold, there I came across an abundance of information and research on the interwebs supporting and encouraging people to eat a ketogenic diet. (you can email me if you’d like more information or resources)
So, I casually talked to my husband about all the bacon these folks were getting to nosh on and he said “heck yeah, I’ll do that!”
No brainer, right?
Long story short, we’re one month into our new lifestyle and reaping all of the same benefits the internet said we would! I have lost 9 pounds and my husband has lost over 20!
What the whaaaat?
I love meat with creamy sauces to dip them in! Thank heavens cream sauces are keto approved (as long as they’re without flour and sugar)!
I baked up this Parmesan Crusted Chicken this week and topped it off with a bacon cream sauce because we needed more fat grams that day. It was served alongside cheesy cauliflower mash! Mmmm…
It was juicy, flavorful, and filling! The kids (and dog) loved it too! I loved it because it was about 10 minutes of prep, 40 minutes in the oven, and 5 minutes to make the sauce! That translates to an easy peasy lemon squeezy supper!
I did not plan on blogging about this so I don’t have step by step photos BUT I promise you don’t need them! So without further ado, I present you Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Bacon Cream Sauce!
- 1 lb chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts)
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 4 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 slice bacon, fried and crumbled (reserve 2-3 tbsp bacon grease)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pat chicken dry. Use a silicone basting brush to spread mayo evenly on top of chicken.
- Top each breast with 1T parmesan cheese and place in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes until internal temperature is approx. 160 degrees and juices run clear.
- When the chicken has about 10 minutes left in the oven, begin sauce.
- Using a non-stick skillet, warm up the reserved bacon grease over MED LOW heat. Be sure it does not start sizzling or bubbling.
- Whisk in the heavy cream until well combined. Continue whisking until the mixture starts to foam up on the edges of the skillet.
- Add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add last tbsp of parmesan and garlic powder and whisk until smooth.
- Toss in a few bacon pieces, making sure to leave enough for the top of the chicken.
- Each breast should be topped with 2-3 tbsp of sauce and a few bacon crumbles. Leftover sauce may be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 775mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 48g
Please note that macros were calculated using My Fitness Pal and the brands referenced. Altering ingredients or brands can change the macros for the recipe. Please verify your macros in a tracker to insure accuracy.
Update: this recipe is what put me on the blogging map! Hands down, it is the most popular recipe on my site! It still humbles me to think a recipe I just whipped up on a whim, with no recipe or inspiration, has been shared hundreds of thousands of time on social media! I am eternally grateful for each and every one of you! Love, Anna