If you’re looking for an easy, homestyle keto meal to feed your family, boy do I have the perfect recipe for you! These keto baked pork chops are coated in a seasoned low carb breading and baked in the oven until crisp and tender. The ultimate family friendly keto dinner!
Who else craves country style home cookin’ on the regular? I certainly do. My Southern heart loves to chow down on fried foods, mashed taters, and any vegetables that taste more like honey butter than actual vegetables.
But alas, I rarely do that anymore because it’s not good for me and I feel terrible afterwards. While I might make better choices these days, it doesn’t mean I’ve lost my love for those types of foods.
These oven “fried” keto pork chops are exactly what you need next time you’re craving a home-cooked comfort meal. They’re insanely easy to prepare and taste like they’re right out of a little country diner in the middle of nowhere. In other words, they’re delicious!
Can you eat fried pork on keto?
Absolutely! Pork is a leaner cut of meat and can be a great option for those of us on a keto diet. Contrary to popular belief, there is much more to a ketogenic diet than steak, butter, and burgers. In fact, lean proteins like pork are fantastic if you’re trying to watch calories, cholesterol, or saturated fat. Pork chops are a welcomed addition to any plate, be it keto, paleo, or Whole30.
Why these oven “fried” keto pork chops are going to be a new family favorite
- Guaranteed juicy pork chops
- All the comfort without any of the bloat
- Start to finish in just 30 minutes
- Kid-friendly and husband approved
- Simple, clean ingredients that are easy to find at grocery stores
- Keto and gluten free
Everything you need to make keto fried pork chops
The ingredients you need to make keto fried pork chops are pretty straightforward. Here’s what you need:
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp half and half
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup crushed pork rinds
- And lots of spices– salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, paprika, mustard powder
You will also need need:
- Shallow bowl or pie plate
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large ziploc bag or container with a tight lid
- Sheet pan with wire rack
What is the best kind of pork chops to use?
I used bone-in pork chops that were about 1″ thick. If you prefer, you can use boneless chops too. My pork chops were about 1 inch thick, so the cooking time reflects that. If your chops are thinner (like breakfast chops), then you’ll want to reduce the cook time. If they are super thick chops, increase the cook time. The internal temperature should reach 145 degrees F for a nice pink center.
Why use pork rinds for breading keto pork chops?
Pork rinds provide a nice crunch in the breading, similar to panko but gluten-free and low carb! To make these, simply pulse whole pork rinds in a small food processor or place in a plastic bag and roll a rolling pin over the top until they’re finely crushed. Alternatively, you can purchase crushed pork rinds on Amazon.
Ingredients and Substitutions
These crispy baked keto pork chops are so easy to whip up for dinner any night of the week. If you find yourself out of an ingredient, here are my suggestions for swaps.
- Almond flour: If you don’t have almond flour to hand, or you have a nut allergy, you can simply replace the almond flour with more crushed pork rinds.
- Half and half: You may use heavy cream instead, but be aware that this will slightly increase the calories of the final dish.
How do you make keto pork chops at home?
You won’t believe how easy it is to make these keto breaded pork chops at home!
- First, whisk your egg with the half and half in a shallow bowl until fully combined
- Place the pork chops in the egg mixture, making sure they are immersed as much as possible.
- Prepare your breading by adding the almond flour, crushed pork rinds and spices to a ziploc bag or plastic container with a lid. Shake well to mix.
- Move your pork chops into the ziploc bag/ container and shake again until the breading is stuck to the pork chops.
- Transfer your pork chops to a wire rack on a baking sheet
- Bake for around 22 minutes at 400 degrees, flipping at the halfway point
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145.
- Remove from the oven and serve!
How do you keep breadcrumbs from falling off pork chops?
The best way to ensure that your breadcrumbs stick evenly to your pork chops is to let them sit for a little extra time in the egg mixture.
Make sure your pork chops are fully immersed in the egg mixture (you can add a second egg and double the half and half if necessary) and let them sit for around half an hour. If you’re still having trouble, try gently pressing the breading to the pork chop before moving them to the wire rack.
What to serve with your keto baked pork chops
These “breaded” low carb pork chops are certainly the star of the plate but no pork chop is complete without all the fixings. Here are some sides that would be a great addition to your meal:
- Mashed cauliflower
- Green peas
- Keto buttermilk cornbread
- Crispy brussel sprouts
- Southern keto cornbread dressing
- Creamy cauliflower rice
- Sugar Free Cranberry Jelly
Oven "Fried" Keto Pork Chops
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons half n half
- 4 bone-in center cut pork chops about 1" thick
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 ounce crushed pork rinds about 1/3 cup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk the half and half and egg together until fully combined.
- Dip both sides of each pork chop in the egg mixture. Leave pork chops in the dish until ready to coat.
- In a large plastic bag, or glass container with a tight lid, add the almond flour, crushed pork rinds, and spices. Seal the bag and shake well to mix.
- Add the pork chops to the plastic bag. Seal and shake well until all breading is stuck on the pork chops.
- Transfer the coated pork chops to the wire rack.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Flip and cook 10 minutes more or until internatl temperature reaches 145 degrees for a light pink center.