Keto Cheeseburger Pie is a low carb alternative to the bunless burger. A 30 minute meal the whole family will enjoy and only 2 carbs per serving!
One of the first recipes I ever posted to this blog was Keto Cheeseburger Pie. Sadly, it was also the only recipe that was lost in translation during my big beautiful blog facelift this summer. If you’ve been a Keto In Pearls reader since the beginning, then this will be a re-run post for you. Or if you’re new around here and have no idea what I’m talking about, then you’re in for a real treat!
The idea for a cheeseburger casserole came to me one night that I didn’t want to stand outside at the grill flipping burgers or fill my kitchen with grease splatter from frying them inside. I’m also a HUGE fan of the little Krystal hamburgers and this casserole reminded me of those burgers.
Complete your meal with one of these tasty recipes:
And before we go any farther, let’s just clarify that Krystal > White Castle. I no longer eat them anymore but man, it would be one good cheat meal if I ever get the chance again. Okay, maybe good isn’t the best choice of words but you get my drift.
I love this Keto Cheeseburger Pie because it’s all the parts that you love about a cheeseburger but in casserole form. You can top your plate with all the fixins like lettuce, ketchup, mustard, pickles, mayo, jalapeños, bacon…you name it.
What’s for dessert? How about one of these delicious options:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp dried onion
- 2 or 3 dashes Worcestershire
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- bacon bits (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 T avocado oil mayo
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet, breaking it up into smaller pieces as it cooks. Add the dried onions and spices. Cook 1-2 minutes more until onions are translucent. Toss in bacon bits if desired.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the beef and spread in a pie plate. Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and mayo together and pour evenly over the beef. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with low sugar ketchup, diced pickles, or mustard!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 16.3g Cholesterol: 177.4mg Sodium: 393mg Carbohydrates: 2.3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 25.7g