Keto Instant Pot spaghetti is a thirty minute meal the whole family will enjoy. Only a few simple ingredients are needed to make this Italian keto casserole on a busy week night. Only 5 net carbs per serving!
Phew, it has been bizzeee around here in the Hunley house. We have finally settled into a pseudo routine with school, new babysitters, and a new preschool schedule.
It takes a while to find that good groove, ya know? I know you know because we all know!
Something that has helped me transition into a new rhythm is preparing dinner early and using my Instant Pot as much as possible.
By early, I’m talking like 1 or 2 pm. Sometimes, as early as 9! It may sound crazy, but truthfully, getting dinner made and out of the way really helps when 5:00 rolls around.
However, there are some days that no matter how hard I try, I can’t get my act together.
I’ve really come to rely on my Instant Pot, and even my Crock-Pot, the last several months on those particular days.
Obviously, I love my Instant Pot. After all, I did write a cookbook with 100 Instant Pot recipes!
I had been wanting to make a keto Instant Pot spaghetti for a while so, I finally did!
This is the Best Keto Instant Pot Spaghetti Casserole
And here’s why:
- Simple ingredients you can find at any grocery store
- Only one dish to clean thanks to your Instant Pot
- Low carbs and big flavor
- Kid friendly
- Hidden veggies that even picky eaters won’t notice
Making Your Keto Spaghetti
When I was creating this recipe, I still had quite a bit of zucchini left to use up. I knew I didn’t want to spiral the zucchini because sometimes my kids whine about “green” food. Eye roll.
So instead, I used my food processor to shred the zucchini into little matchsticks. This lets me “hide” the veggies a little better and makes for more even cooking! If you don’t have a food processor, you could grate the zucchini by hand, it will just take a few minutes longer.
Once the zucchini was shredded, I sat it on top of paper towels in a flat even layer. Then, I topped them with more paper towels so all of the excess water would be absorbed while I went to work on the meat.
Since zucchini is a natural watery vegetable, there wasn’t any need to add extra liquid to the Instant Pot, with the exception of your spaghetti sauce.
One last thing worth mentioning, be sure to follow the instructions for layering the ingredients in your Instant Pot. It will all get mixed at the end but you don’t want to burn your spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pot (it’s not fun to clean up).
Serving Your Keto Spaghetti Casserole
After your casserole is done cooking, and you’ve added your cheeses, give it a good stir to combine everything. Transfer it to a baking dish, any size will do, and top it with shredded mozzarella. Place the keto spaghetti under the broiler for just a couple of minutes so the cheese can melt. I like to let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
A side of steamed or roasted broccoli and caesar salad can complete your keto spaghetti dinner.
- 2 medium zucchini, about 1/2 pound
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons basil, dried or fresh
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1.5 cups low carb marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Shred zucchini using a food processor or grate by hand. You should have a little over 2 cups of shredded zucchini. Lay on top of paper towels, in a flat even layer, and top with more paper towels. Press the paper towels to absorb the excess water. Let sit while you prepare the beef.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode. Once hot, add the ground beef. Cook until most of the pink is gone, about 2 to 3 minutes. Break up with a wood spoon as it cooks. Press cancel.
- Add the salt, pepper, basil, and minced garlic and stir.
- Add the shredded zucchini to the ground beef and stir to combine.
- Add the mushrooms on top then the marinara sauce. Do NOT stir.
- Close the lid and seal the vent. Cook on low pressure for 10 minutes. Quick/manually release the steam. Press cancel.
- Remove the lid and stir to combine. Add 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella and the ricotta cheese. Stir to combine until all liquid is absorbed and the mixture has thickened.
- Transfer to a baking dish (any size will do) and top with remaining shredded mozzarella. Place under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Spiralized zucchini can work in place of teh shredded. After spiralzing your zucchini, cut into small pieces for even cooking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 23gCarbohydrates: 7.1gNet Carbohydrates: 5.3gFiber: 1.8gSugar: 2.8gProtein: 29.1g