If you miss spaghetti and meatballs on your keto diet, then you are going to fall en amoré by the end of this post!
Homemade spaghetti and meatballs is classic, comforting, everyone loves it. We all know spaghetti nights are one night a week that the kids will ACTUALLY eat the food we make without complaining. Hubby (or wifey) will offer to clean up for us. And we didn’t go into debt to feed a hungry brood. #WINNING
But then, you start keto and you’re probably thinking…”oh gosh, spaghetti = pasta = carbs = DEATH”. Yeah, I felt that way too. We went a loooooong time without spaghetti and my kids didn’t love that.
We tried spaghetti squash. Meh.
We tried konjac (shiritaki) noodles. Barf.
We tried no noodles at all. Boring.
It wasn’t until I made it with zucchini noodles were we all satisfied and content with low carb spaghetti!
And let’s be honest, noodles are just the filler. The star of the show are the meatballs. Y’all, these meatballs are BOMB! I adapted an old recipe I used to use (by Melissa D’ Arabian of the Food Network) to make them keto. I nailed it, if I do say so myself. And when I win, y’all win. Holla!!!!
These puppies come in at 0 CARBS (okay, 0.3 if we’re being technical) per meatball! They’re SO easy to make too. I promise you won’t be spending all day in the kitchen like Great Grandma Maria used to. 10 minutes prep + 25 minutes in the oven and you basically have a 30 minute meal!
A FEW NOTES ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
1. Don’t over work the meat when you’re mixing in everything. It should be just combined. Overworking will yield tough meatballs.
2. I use Newman’s Own Family Style Italian dressing. It is the lowest carb option I’ve found at the grocery. I have seen it in multiple stores so you should be able to find it easily.
3. Use a medium cookie scoop to evenly make meatballs. Roll them in-between your hands for the perfect round shape.
4. I like to serve mine with zucchini noodles and Rao’s Marinara sauce (if I don’t make homemade sauce).
5. Cook your zucchini noodles while the meatballs are in the oven. Sautè the zoodles in a little olive oil, butter, salt, and pepper until they’re tender. Easy peasy!
The Best Homemade Keto Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 2/3 cup crushed pork rinds
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- pinch of salt
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2 Add all ingredients to mixing bowl. Gently incorporate everything into the beef. Be careful not to overwork the meat.
- 3 Use a medium cookie scoop, or large spoon, to make 20 meatballs. Roll them between your hands after scooping to round them out.
- 4 Bake for 25 minutes on a baking sheet.
Top with mozzarella cheese and broil till bubbly if desired.
Please note that macros were calculated using My Fitness Pal and the brands referenced. Altering ingredients or brands can change the macros for the recipe. Please verify your macros in a tracker to insure accuracy.
All text and images Copyright Anna Hunley for Keto In Pearls. Shares are encouraged and appreciated. Please share this recipe by sharing a link, not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites or social media is prohibited. You may share an excerpt and/or single photo, provided that full and clear credit is given to Keto In Pearls with a link back.