This keto ham casserole with broccoli and cheese is a great way to use leftover holiday ham! This easy keto ham casserole tastes just like your favorite ham and cheese sliders. Ready in just 30 minutes, this low carb ham casserole is a true family friendly meal.
Are you team turkey or team spiral ham for holiday meals? I am one hundred percent team spiral ham.
The only time I really like turkey is on a deli sandwich and truthfully, those aren’t anything to rave home about.
Thankfully, my family always serves both ham and turkey at Thanksgiving and ham at Christmas!
We’re always left with a boat load of ham slices, however. Of course, we typically make ham and biscuits the next day (hey, it’s the holidays…no judging, mmkay?) and maybe a pot of ham and beans for supper one night.
Want an awesome low carb recipe for ham and beans or homemade holiday ham? Then you need my cookbook! Click here to order it on Amazon!
But there’s always still so. much. ham.
So, what’s a girl to do with so much leftover ham? Make a keto ham casserole, of course!
This keto ham casserole with Swiss cheese and broccoli is seriously going to knock your socks off. You won’t even miss the sweet rolls, I promise!
This Is the Best Keto Ham Casserole You’re Every Going to Eat
And here’s why:
- Comfort food at it’s finest
- A 30 minute meal the whole family will enjoy
- A great way to use leftover ham- waste not, want not
- Nostalgic flavors of ham sliders lightened up
- So. dang. good.
What Makes This Casserole So Special?
My next question for you: does anyone remember those little ham and cheese sliders with the brown sugar and butter glaze?
In the South, we call them funeral sandwiches because there’s inevitably a pan of them at every post-funeral lunch. Morbid, I know, but that’s just what I’ve always heard them called.
Those ham sliders are one of my top 5 favorite foods, ever. I know, it makes no sense but I looooove them.
My favorite little sliders are just a memory these days. I couldn’t tell you the last time I had one. It makes me want to cry.
Recently, I’ve been brainstorming about how I could get the flavor of those famous ham sliders into a keto ham casserole.
found made it!
This low carb ham and cheese casserole starts with diced ham, fresh broccoli florets, and a sauce made with some mayo, cream cheese, plain greek yogurt, brown sugar substitute, dijon mustard, and Worcestershire.
I really should name this funeral sandwich ham casserole because that is EXACTLY what this meal tastes like.
You’ll be shocked at just how tasty this easy keto casserole recipe is!
Making Your Own Low Carb Ham and Broccoli Casserole + Substitutions
As I mentioned before, this dish is a breeze to make. It’s ready in just about half an hour and doesn’t require any pots or pans!
Using leftover ham really speeds up the prep time too!
Note: if you don’t have leftover spiral ham, you can always used cubed ham or diced ham that you get from the grocery store! Those are usually found near the bacon in the refrigerated areas.
Now, another note about the broccoli: I tried this with both frozen and fresh broccoli. Since ham and broccoli both release water when they’re cooked, fresh broccoli florets are best in this dish.
You just need one bowl to mix up the filling/sauce and one baking dish. That translates to minimal clean-up! Woo hoo!
I opted for Swiss cheese because I liked the contrast of the sharp cheese with the sweeter sauce.
But, I know a lot of people used cheddar cheese (or even Muenster cheese) in their sliders, so, if you wanted to switch up the cheese here, go for it!
There’s a lot of wiggle room in this keto funeral sandwich casserole that I know people always appreciate!
You might also like: keto instant pot spaghetti casserole
- 3 cups (1 pound) ham, (spiral or cubed), cut into small pieces
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 ounces plain greek yogurt
- 1.5 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon poppyseeds (optional)
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and greek yogurt until even mixed and smooth. You may use a hand mixer for this but it is not necessary.
- Add the dijon, worcestershire, brown sugar, and poppyseeds and mix until combined.
- Add the chopped ham and broccoli florets to the mixture and toss until everything is evenly coated. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Top with the shredded swiss cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes untl the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with a simple salad to complete the meal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 529Total Fat: 41.4gCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1.9gProtein: 27.5g
Macros will vary depending on the type of ham you use. It is always best practice to calculate macros using the specific ingredients you cook with using a recipe analyzer.