I have really missed Chinese and Japanese food since we started eating low carb this year. And now that I’m pregnant, those cravings hit hard some days!
I’ve been trying really hard to ignore the cravings and maintain my low carb/ketogenic diet. This fried cauliflower rice recipe has really helped curb my cravings for hibachi style fried rice!
Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable in a low carb diet. It takes on the flavor of just about anything you mix with it which makes it the perfect base for recipes.
Cauliflower “rice” has become a staple in our house. I use it in so many dishes like my Mexican Cauliflower Rice. Bonus, my kids don’t really know they’re not eating real rice so they get all the benefits of the vegetables without a fight. That alone is a win!
This pork fried rice hits the spot without sacrificing nutritional value. Not to mention it only takes about 20 minutes to whip it all together.
Serve this with my Sugar Free Yum Yum Sauce for the full keto-hibachi-effect! You could even skip the pork and use this as a side dish with my Low Carb Beef and Broccoli or with some chicken and Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce.
I usually double this recipe so we have plenty of leftovers through to munch on through the week. Stick a fried egg on top in the morning and you’ve got a really delicious nutritious breakfast!
Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tbsp sesame oik
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger (ground or paste)
- generous pinch of salt
- 2 green onions, white and green parts separated
- 1 bag Green Giant Cauliflower Rice Medley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 or 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup slaw mix (optional)
- 1 Heat sesame oil in nonstick skillet over MED HIGH heat. Add ground pork and cook until most of the pink is gone. Crumble with wooden spoon as it cooks.
- 2 Add garlic, ginger, salt, and white parts of green onion. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3 Add frozen cauliflower rice and cook until crisp. Keep cooking until water in pan (from the frozen rice) evaporates.
- 4 Make a well in your rice and add egg. Quickly scramble.
- 5 Add slaw mix (if using) and toss with the rice. Let sit 1-2 minutes and then add soy sauce.
- 6 Garnish with green parts of green onion.
Serve with a side of my Sugar Free Yum Yum Sauce. You can also substitute the pork for chicken. Add your favorite veggies (water chestnuts, snap peas, zucchini , etc) too!