Keto yum yum sauce that tastes just like the hibachi restaurant! Zero sugar, ultra low carbs, and Paleo approved. Perfect for fried cauliflower rice, burgers, salads, and dipping!
Happy Valentine’s Day, loves! Who doesn’t love hibachi steak houses? The one in our town used to be a go-to date night place for my husband and I. But if I’m being totally honest with myself, I only wanted to go for the (not keto) yum yum sauce and fried rice. Let’s take a moment of silence for that delicious sauce…
Back to reality…
If you’ve never eaten or heard of yum yum sauce, let me fill you in: it is a tangy but slightly sweet mayonnaise based dipping sauce commonly served at Japanese restaurants.
It’s a little sweet and a little tangy. You can buy it in just about every major grocery store nowadays too.
The problem is that restaurant style yum yum sauce is FULL of sugar! Dreaded, evil, addicting sugar. No wonder it tastes so dang good!
I’ve been trying to replicate a keto version of yum yum sauce for months now! I finally #nailedit and just HAVE to share with y’all!
This recipe for keto yum yum sauce is super duper easy.One bowl, one whisk, and just a couple measuring spoons. Simply mix it up, let it sit for a little bit (or don’t if you’re impatient like me), and it’s ready!
It pairs maginificently with my Cauliflower Fried Rice! I should know, I make it a couple times a month! 🙂
A few tips about this recipe:
- My sauce yielded approximately 2 cups of sauce. 1 serving size is 2 tablespoons.
- You may dial up or down the sriracha based on preference. Recalculate macros if you change the amount!
- If you use tomato paste instead of ketchup, you may want to add a little extra sweetener.
- Avocado oil mayo is my mayo of choice because it has the cleanest ingredients. It doesn’t have any soybean oil, corn syrup, or hydrogenated oil. However, I’m forever a Duke’s fan and won’t fault you for using that too!
- 1.5 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup or tomato paste (I use Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon powdered sweetener
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1.25 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Store in airtight container up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 22gCarbohydrates: 2.8gFiber: 0gProtein: 0.1g