Keto yum yum sauce that tastes just like the hibachi restaurant! It is sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo friendly. Enjoy it on fried cauliflower rice, burgers, salads, chicken, and shrimp.
What is Yum Yum Sauce?
Yum yum sauce is a condiment commonly served at hibachi restaurants. It is a creamy and sweet dipping sauce that is usually served with chicken, shrimp, or steak. This keto yum yum sauce is a healthier, cleaner, and sugar-free version of the one used at restaurants.
What Does Yum Yum Sauce Taste Like?
Traditionally, yum yum sauce is fairly sweet. This keto version is sweet with just a hint of spice. The heat may be dialed up or down by increasing or increasing the amount of sriracha. For a clean and truly sugar-free sriracha sauce, try this one.
Is Sriracha Keto Friendly?
Sriracha is a spicy, tomato-based sauce that is common in Thai cuisine. The heat is derived from red chili peppers. While some brands of sriracha are cleaner than others, almost all are low enough in carbs that you can eat sriracha on keto. I have linked a clean and sugar-free version in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How To Make This Keto Yum Yum Sauce Clean
To make your keto yum yum sauce clean, you’ll want to use whole food ingredients. Here are some ways to use clean ingredients:
- Mayonnaise: Instead of using a soybean oil-based mayo, try avocado oil mayo instead. It has a very mild taste and works perfectly in this yum yum sauce.
- Ketchup: Instead of sugar-free ketchup, which often has artificial sweeteners and bad oils, you can use tomato paste. If you do this, you may want to add a little extra natural sweetener.
- Sweetener: Instead of using artificial sweeteners or refined sugar, try monkfruit, allulose, or a natural sweetener like organic cane sugar (not for keto).
Clean and organic products are linked in the recipe card below.
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar-free ketchup or tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar free sweetener
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp water
This one is hard to get wrong, just combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully incorporated.
How To Store Yum Yum Sauce
Yum yum sauce can be kept in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Remove as much air as possible to keep the sauce fresh. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Just be sure you let it thaw in the fridge when it comes time to use it again. It will also need a good stir, as the ingredients may have separated over time.
How To Use This Sugar-Free Yum Yum Sauce
This yum yum sauce is excellent for homemade hibachi nights. You may also try it on
- Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry,
- Beef and Broccoli
- Teriyaki Chicken or Salmon,
- Orange Ginger Beef Stir Fry
- Fried Cauliflower Rice with Pork
- Burgers, chicken nuggets, and salads (just thin it out with a little water).
Sugar Free Yum Yum Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar free ketchup or tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar free sweetener
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Store in airtight container up to two weeks in the refrigerator.