A dairy free keto taco made in one pot! This Keto Taco Salad Skillet meal is ready in under 30 minutes and an easy way to have Taco Tuesday every day!
Two of my favorite foods in the entire world are tacos and egg rolls. I know, not anywhere remotely the same but both equally delicious.
Recently I found myself with a hankering for my Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice but only had ground beef on hand in the freezer. And yes, I totally could have made that recipe with beef but it just didn’t sound like it would hit the spot.
Plus, my kids wanted tacos and all parents know that hell hath no fury like a small child who doesn’t get the dinner they requested.
So what would any good resourceful food blogger do? I married the two recipes.
I took the recipe for my Low Carb Beef Tacos added a little extra spices, threw in some Rotel tomatoes, slaw mix, and cauliflower rice and hoped for the best.
I’ll be honest, my hopes weren’t too high while cooking this. I was wingin’ it like Kim K’s eyeliner. But when we sat down and ate, the flavor gods spoke and I was so thankful I wrote all of my steps down. (This is another thing food bloggers do just in case we create a masterpiece.)
This easy, under 30 skillet meal ended up being the best meal we had all week! The kids ate it without complaining. All was right in the world. Well, at least for the 10 minutes it took to scarf this down.
Not only is this recipe a one pot meal (a.k.a. minimal dishes to wash) but the macros are divine! You can load up your plate with all the taco toppings to get in that extra fat and protein!
After the pretty pictures were taken, of course, I topped my plate with sour cream, tomatoes, guacamole, and queso dip! You know what else I did? I scooped up this deliciousness with pork rinds. It was basically a plate of keto friendly beef nachos! What’s not to love about that?!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (@keto_in_pearls) so I can see your creations!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 5 ounces onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 packet Goya Sazon seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup Rotel tomatoes
- 2 cups slaw mix
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- In a skillet over MED heat, brown your ground beef until slightly cooked through.
- When beef is only slightly pink, add the diced onions.
- Continue cooking until the beef is completely cooked through and the onions are translucent.
- Add the spices to the beef and stir to coat. Let the mixture cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Rotel tomatoes, water, cooked (and drained) cauliflower rice, and coleslaw mix. Let the mixture simmer until most of the water is absorbed.
- Top with the Mexican cheese and serve.
If you're using frozen cauliflower rice, cook the rice according to the package directions and drain any excess water before adding to the skillet.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 16.8gCarbohydrates: 9.5gNet Carbohydrates: 6.8gFiber: 2.7gProtein: 20.2g