Keto egg noodles are an easy and low carb alternative for pasta. Ready in under 10 minutes, less than 2 carbs per serving, and the perfect way to soak up all the your favorite keto pasta sauces!
The only time I find myself longing for something pasta-like is when I’m making a dish that needs something to sop up the sauce.
You do have a couple of different “pasta” options when you need a pasta fix. Most people tend to eat spaghetti squash or konjac (shirataki) noodles when they have a hankering for pasta.
I’ve learned to like spaghetti squash but skirataki noodles are a hard pass for me (except in my keto lo mein). If you’ve ever made them then you know what I’m talking about. Bleh!
I do have a third option for those of you who like neither of the aforementioned options or just want a ridiculously easy and fast keto pasta substitute.
Now, let me preface this by saying nothing will ever really replace pasta. You have to be open minded when you are trying a new keto swap!
So, what is it that I’m about to put the hard sell on?
Keto egg noodles.
And no, not the hard spiral shaped egg noodles that come in a plastic bag at the grocery store. These are literally eggs that are baked flat and cut into noodle shapes.
Weird, right? I know! But, it WORKS!
Oddly enough, this little egg concoction grips onto pasta sauce (or any sauce) really well and makes a great replacement for the flour version.
What Do These Keto Egg Noodles Taste Like?
Now, I know what you’re thinking…”won’t they just taste like eggs?” Sort-of, but not really.
If you eat these egg noodles by themselves they’re definitely going to taste eggy because well, they’re eggs! But when you drown them in nice rich sauce, you just get the chewy bite and belly filler that is typical of flour based noodles.
Making Your Easy Keto Egg Noodles At Home
These homemade keto egg noodles are extremely easy to make. You’ll simply blend the eggs with some cream cheese, xanthan gum, and seasoning then spread the mixture out in a thin even layer and bake. There is no boiling required with these keto egg noodles!
Check out the video to see just how easy they are to prepare!
Ingredients & Substitutions For Your Keto Egg Noodles
- Xanthan gum is what helps these egg noodles get the chewiness and not fall apart like plain ‘ol scrambled eggs. Do not omit this ingredient, as tempted as you may be! You can find xanthan gum at every major grocery store and on Amazon.
Try These Recipes With Your Egg Noodles:
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking dish or sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse until completey blended.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking dish or sheet pan. The mixture will be thick (similar to glue). Use an offset spatula to spread it into an even, and thin, layer.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and use a knife or pizza wheel to cut into desired shape.
The thickness of the noodle will depend on the size and shape of the pan you bake the noodles in. Smaller dishes will yield a thicker noodle.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1/2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 18.5gCarbohydrates: 3.5gNet Carbohydrates: 1.7gFiber: 1.8gProtein: 14.6g