Chicken nuggets will always be one of my favorite foods. No matter how hard I keto, Chick-Fil-A is HARD for me to resist! I had to figure out how to combat those cravings. They were R E A L, y’all.
So, how did I accomplish that? I’m so glad you asked!
THESE CHICKEN NUGGETS.
If you love Chick-Fil-A as much as I do, then you’re going to flip out over these! And, they’re LOW CARB! My kids didn’t even know the difference the first time I served them these puppies. Yassss!
This recipe is an easy weeknight dinner that your whole family will love. They’ll never know they’re eating a low carb, gluten free, HEALTHY chicken nugget!
You can brine the chicken before you start your day then come home and assemble them. Assembly takes hardly any time at all. While the nuggets are in the oven, make a batch of my Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce! I also like to serve these with some sugar free coleslaw and Keto French Fries.
Be sure to pin this recipe to Pinterest and share with your low carb comrades! And don’t forget to tag me (@keto_in_pearls) in your posts if you make any of my recipes! I love seeing your recreations!
The Best Keto Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 3 cups crushed pork rinds
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- pickle juice (from jar) from brining.
- 1 Cut chicken into 1 inch nuggets. Put in large ziplock bag and pour enough pickle juice in the bag so that the chicken is covered. Refrigerate 30 minutes up to overnight.
- 2 Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3 In food processor, pulse pork rinds until they are crumb consistency. Transfer to large plate.
- 4 Add spices to pork rinds and fluff with fork.
- 5 Remove chicken from fridge and transfer to new ziplock bag. Crack egg into bag and seal. Squish chicken around in the egg so that all of the chicken is coated.
- 6 Add arrowroot powder and squish around again so that all chicken is coated.
- 7 Using tongs, work in batches to dredge chicken in pork rind mixture. Evenly coat all of the chicken nuggets, patting them with your fingers to make sure the pork rinds are stuck.
- 8 Transfer to the baking sheet in a single layer.
- 9 Bake 20-25 minutes.