Savory and satisfying, this easy keto quiche with sausage and spinach is a treat any time of day. Whether it’s breakfast, brunch, or dinner, you’re going to love this crustless twist on a French classic.
If you had to describe keto in a word breakfast dish, I think quiche would be my pick. Some might argue bacon but quiche, it just has all the components of a classic keto breakfast in one dish.
Keto quiche is also much less fussier than traditional quiche. You don’t have to worry about preparing a pie crust, adding in the extra step of baking said pie crust, or holding your breath every time you cut a slice anxiously watching to see if the crust falls apart.
Nope, keto quiche doesn’t have any of those things.
This sausage and spinach keto quiche is a spin off of my scrumptious breakfast burrito quiche. It’s a simple recipe that even the most novice of bakers can make. It makes for great meal prep and can feed a crowd!
Mom to mom tip: let your kids help make this one. They can’t really mess it up!
You’re Going To Love This Sausage and Spinach Keto Quiche
And this is why:
- Robust flavor from the sausage and spices
- Spinach provides an extra dose of vitamins A, K, and C as well as magnesium and iron
- Only 6 ingredients needed that are all easily accessible
- High fat and high protein will keep you full and give you plenty of energy for the day
- Meal prep and freezer meal friendly
- Only 4 carbs per serving
- Budget conscious
Making Your Own Low Carb Quiche
Put down the Pillsbury, this is a no-crust-required quiche!
Here’s what you need to make this recipe:
- Small skillet
- Medium size mixing bowl
- Whisk, wooden spoon
- 9″ Pie plate or round baking dish
Even though this recipe has a couple of steps to prepare, it couldn’t be any easier!
Simply brown your sausage, mix your filling, bake, and most importantly, eat!
Serving Your Easy Keto Breakfast Quiche
With people returning to work on the rise, having easy and tasty meals prepared can save you not only time but headaches!
This sausage and spinach keto quiche makes for an excellent dinner as much as it does breakfast or brunch. You can serve it with simple dressed greens and Mexican cauliflower rice for a hearty dinner or enjoy it alone with coffee eat your desk.
Personally, I like to top mine with a slice of avocado and a dollop of sour cream.
Of course, if you don’t want to eat it all right away, you can freeze individual slices and reheat them as needed. Just wrap each slice in plastic wrap and place in a baggie to prevent freezer burn.
To reheat, either thaw in the refrigerator or use the defrost setting on your microwave. Either way, this low carb breakfast quiche reheats fabulously!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Sausage: if you’re not a fan of pork, ground beef or ground turkey would be a great substitute in this quiche. If you like a little extra spice, try hot sausage or chorizo.
- Spinach: fresh spinach is best in this recipe because it contains less water than frozen. If you must use frozen spinach, make sure to fully drain or squeeze out the excess water before adding it to the sausage.
- Mexican blend cheese: use whatever cheese you have on hand. Gouda, Swiss, Manchego, or Havarti would also be fantastic in this keto quiche.
- Pie Crust: no pie crust is used in this recipe. However, if you must have one, try out this recipe by Low Carb Yum or this recipe by Kasey Trenum.
Related Recipes You May Enjoy
- Keto Breakfast Burrito Quiche: meal prep and freezer meal
- Savory Crustless Quiche
- Sausage & Cream Cheese Breakfast Squares
- Keto Instant Pot Creamy Sausage Ball Soup
- Keto Breakfast Casserole: easy & kid friendly
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- ½ cup Mexican blend cheese
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown sausage in a medium sized skillet. Once almost cooked through, add spinach. Stir until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into the pie pan and set aside.
- Add eggs, half and half, dry mustard, salt, and pepper to a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- Stir in cheese and pour over the top of the sausage mixture.
- Carefully place it into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until set.
- Garnish with avocados if desired and serve hot.
Indivually wrap and freeze slices for a meal prep or freezer stash. Thaw in the fridge or in the microwave.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 29gCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 3.7gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 2.8gProtein: 23.6g