If you’re anything like me, fixing a big breakfast in the mornings is just NOT going to happen Monday-Friday. Shoot, it might not even happen Saturday or Sunday most weeks. I love my bacon and eggs but I don’t always have the gumption to slave away in the kitchen before 8am.
What I DO love is breakfast dishes I can make on a Sunday afternoon and have ready to go for the upcoming week. Fancy folks call that “meal prepping”. Whether you have weight loss goals or not, meal prepping is a sanity saver. If you do have weightloss goals, it is sure to help you not blow your macros through the week. When I’m in weightloss mode, and I will be again very soon, meal prepping is key for me!
This quiche is everything you love about breakfast baked up into one yummy pie. Quiche is literally French for pie! But if you say you’re eating bacon and egg pie for breakfast, it loses that je ne sais qois.
There isn’t anything difficult about this recipe either. Just whisk everything together, bake, and eat! Use the time saved in the kitchen to practice a little self care!
Savory Crustless Quiche
- 8 eggs
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup half n half
- 2 oz diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- pinch salt & pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2 Line bacon sheet with bacon. Bake 15-20 minutes, until bacon is beginning to crisp.
- 3 Reduce oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 inch pie plate.
- 4 Whisk eggs, half n half, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- 5 Roughly chop bacon and add to bottom of pie plate.
- 6 Pour egg mixture into prepared pie plate. Spread cheddar cheese on top.
- 7 Bake for 35 minutes, until center is set.
Slice and freeze individual pieces for future grab and go! It will defrost by the time you get to work and are ready to eat!
Please note that macros were calculated using My Fitness Pal and the brands referenced. Altering ingredients or brands can change the macros for the recipe. Please verify your macros in a tracker to insure accuracy.
All text and images Copyright Anna Hunley for Keto In Pearls. Shares are encouraged and appreciated. Please share this recipe by sharing a link, not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites or social media is prohibited. You may share an excerpt and/or single photo, provided that full and clear credit is given to Keto In Pearls with a link back.