Everyone’s favorite bagel seasoning shines in this low carb casserole with chicken and cauliflower rice. Use precooked chicken for an easy low carb dinner that’s ready in a flash. This keto chicken casserole with cauliflower rice is picky eater approved!
Why You Should Try This Keto Casserole
Who doesn’t love a casserole? They’re easy to put together, bake in one dish, and are a whole meal in one pan! This keto chicken casserole uses common ingredients, doesn’t require a ton of assembly, and is very family friendly. Serve alongside some steamed broccoli, haricots verts, or a simple salad for a quick and hearty low carb supper.
What Does This Low Carb Chicken Casserole Taste Like
Everyone’s favorite bagel seasoning is the star of the show in this casserole. This low carb casserole is creamy, cheesy, and bulked up with chicken and cauliflower rice. The bagel seasoning adds layers of flavor with the dried onions, sesame seeds, and garlic. This casserole is mild enough for young or picky eaters and interesting enough for a more mature palette!
What Is In This Keto Casserole
This low carb casserole is made up of simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your kitchen. All you will need is chicken, cauliflower rice, cream cheese, sour cream, everything bagel seasoning, and mustard. Having pre-cooked chicken makes this recipe come together in just half an hour! See the next section for cooking chicken for this casserole.
How To Make Chicken For This Casserole
This keto casserole recipe calls for cooked chicken. You can use rotisserie chicken, store bought , or you can make your own if you have a few extra minutes. If you have an Instant Pot, be sure to check out my blog post about how to cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot. It only requires 30 minutes and yields juicy and savory cooked chicken that you can use in a multitude of recipes.
What Kind of Cauliflower Rice May Be Use In This Low Carb Casserole
You may use fresh or frozen cauliflower rice in this casserole. If using frozen cauliflower rice, you will want to thaw it completely before baking. This will eliminate excess water in the casserole. To thaw, simply microwave for 1 to 2 minutes and drain the excess water. You can even put the thawed cauliflower rice in paper towels and squeeze out any excess water, similar to frozen spinach.
Where To Buy Everything Bagel Seasoning
There are many different brands of bagel seasonings on the grocery store shelves these days. The most popular version is, of course, Trader Joe’s. If you don’t have a TJ near you, your local grocery store will have one. Here are some available on Amazon. There are more linked below in the recipe card.
Substitutions and Variations of this Keto Casserole
- Sour Cream– plain greek yogurt or crème fraiche may be used in place of the sour cream. Keep the amount the same.
- Cheddar Cheese– add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the casserole base for even more yumminess!
- Vegetables– try mixing in peas, carrots, or broccoli florets to bulk up the veggies even more. Want to hide them from your kids? Pulse them in a food processor first and mix in with everything else.
- 12 to 14 ounces cooked chicken, about 3 cups
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mustard (yellow or Dijon)
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning, plus more for top
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 16 ounces cauliflower rice, (thawed if frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mustard, bagel seasoning, salt, and pepper until evenly mixed.
- Add the cooked chicken and cauliflower rice and fold until combined.
- Spread the mixture in an 8x12 or 9x13 casserole dish. Top with a bit more bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. We earn a small commission off of sales made through these links, at no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 27.4gCarbohydrates: 8.9gNet Carbohydrates: 6.4gFiber: 2.5gProtein: 29.1g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate.