With a soft crumb, light texture, and clean taste, this keto pound cake recipe is undeniably the best gluten free pound cake recipe! No matter if you want to make a trifle, shortcake, or simply with enjoy a cup of afternoon coffee, this is the ideal low carb pound cake recipe.
What Does This Keto Pound Cake Taste Like
This keto pound cake recipe is a nod to the classic Southern Living cream cheese pound cake recipe that has been around for decades. The combination of almond extract, vanilla extract, and cream cheese give this pound cake a very light and clean taste.
Why Does This Low Carb Keto Pound Cake Use Cream Cheese
All baked goods need fat for flavor, texture, and to absorb the flours. This recipe uses cream cheese instead of butter so that the flavor stays light and neutral instead of golden and buttery. If you like a buttery cake, try my famous yellow cake recipe!
What Size Pan To Use For This Cream Cheese Pound Cake
You may use a loan pan or bundt pan to make your pound cake. The cake pictured was baked in an 8.5″ loaf pan. No matter what size pan is used, it is imperative to grease the pan very well. Butter, oil, or shortening work well for greasing your cake pans.
How To Make This Keto Cream Cheese Pound Cake
This keto cake recipe is very simply to follow. You will only need one bowl, or a stand mixer, to prepare the silky smooth batter. Here are a few tips to ensure the best results:
- Do not over mix the batter. This will let in too much air into the batter which will cause the cake to sink after baking.
- Heavily grease the cake pan to prevent sticking. See my recommendation in the section above.
- Do not overbake your cake as it will continue to cook as it cools. A toothpick check should come out mostly clean.
- The cake will become a dark golden color on the outside. If you think the top is burning, cover with foil as the center continues.
What Are The Best Keto Sweeteners for This Recipe
You can use whichever keto friendly sweetener you prefer. Monkfruit, erythritol, or a stevia blend may be used without changing the amount called for in the recipe card. Allulose is another great sweetener with a zero GI. It behaves the most like sugar, because it is derived from sugar, in cooking and baking. However, when using allulose you need to increase the amount by roughly 1/3 to 1/2 because it is not as sweet as monk fruit or erythritol.
Ways To Use and Serve This Keto Pound Cake
- Strawberry short cake
- Layered in a trifle bowl with keto cool whip and fresh berries
- Fried in butter with cinnamon and monkfruit
- Simply with a fresh cup of coffee or tea
How To Store Leftover Pound Cake
Store uneaten cake covered on the counter for up to 5 days or in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Freeze leftover cake up to 6 months. Be sure to tightly wrap the cake before freezing to prevent freezer burn. To reheat, thaw on the counter or microwave in 30 second increments until warmed through.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2.5 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup monkfruit
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heavily grease a loaf pan or bundt pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to beat the cream cheese, butter, and monkfruit until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Beat eggs, on medium speed, one at a time. Make sure to incorporate each egg fully before adding the next.
- Add extracts and beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes. The top should be dark golden and a toothpick should come out mostly clean. Do not over bake.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack. Use an offset spatula or knife and run along the edges of the pan to loosen. Let the cake cool on the rack until the pan is touchable, about 15 minutes.
- Flip the cake out of the pan onto a plate or cake stand. If the cake doesn't fall right out, use the palm of your hand to gently tap the bottom of the cake pan.
- Store covered on the counter up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 slices Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 30.3gCarbohydrates: 8.6gNet Carbohydrates: 4.8gFiber: 3.8gProtein: 11.9g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate.