Any after dinner snackers out there? I know I’m not the only one!
Growing up, my southern momma always had some kind of homemade baked good in the house for us to snack on at night. I carried that tradition into my own family. But y’all, this might sound crazy, I think it might have contributed to weight gain. Just maybe…
When we started eating keto and low carb, it was really easy for me to kiss bread, pasta, and grains good bye. But sweet treats? That one was harder.
One way I found to satisfy that sweet tooth without blowing my macros was fat bombs. Fat bombs are pretty much exactly what they sound like. Little bites of full fat and ultra low in carbs. There’s a hundred million variations out there but the style I liked best was cheesecake. I think cheesecake speaks for itself. AMIRIGHT?
I started making these little keto cheesecake bar fat bombs to get me through that all-the-feels epsisode of This Is Us. They have 4 ingredients, require ZERO bake time, and pair really well with a few berries and whipped cream as a late night treat.
If you’re new to keto, tracking your macros, and not sure how in the world you’re going to EAT THAT MUCH FAT in one day then these little guys will be your friend.
Just a side note about fat macros–don’t stress too much about that. If you have excess fat on your body to lose, you do not NEED to consume as much fat. It’s mostly to keep you satiated (full).
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whip butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Add sweetener and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 12 silicone muffin liners or spread into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until frozen. Store in the freezer until ready to eat.