Some mornings are made for a muffin, cup of coffee, and front porch sittin’. Eggs and bacon are glorious but some days, a girl just needs a sweet little muffin to start her day!
I came up with this recipe on one of those mornings. It might be the middle of Feburary but we’re having a teaser week where the temps are in the 70s, my windows are open, and my fridge is full of berries. It’ll probably snow before month’s end but hey, that’s okay, because I have these Spring time muffins to get me through!
This recipe really couldn’t be easier either. They are kid and husband approved too! Fix up a big batch of these to give your neighbors and they’ll never know they’re eating healthy, low carb, sweet treats!
A Few Notes About This Recipe:
1. You really DO need the sugar-free vanilla syrup. You may use a different brand, just make sure it is sugar-free. If you omit this, you will not get the right flavor and it will taste much blander. I tested without it and it makes a huge difference.
2. Your batter will get pretty thick when you add in the frozen berries. It makes it easier to divide out but doesn’t be alarmed. You may use the equivalent of fresh berries. For this recipe, I used a 3 berry blend from Aldi.
3. Do not add your eggs to hot, melted butter or you will end up with scrambled eggs. Yuck!
Triple Berry Keto Muffins
- 1.75 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup sweetener
- 1.25 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 8 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp sugar free vanilla syrup I use Torani
- 1 cup frozen berry medley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with liners and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk out lumps.
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, whisk eggs, vanilla extract, vanilla syrup, and butter together.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Fold in frozen berries. Your batter may become very thick from the frozen berries.
- Divide batter equally amongst muffin liners. Bake 12-15 minutes until muffins are set and tops are golden brown.