Sugar free, gluten free, and low carb chocolate cupcakes! Basic ingredients and easy enough for a weeknight treat! Only 1 net carb per cupcake.
In my world, chocolate is magical! I have had a love affair with chocolate since a young age.
As much as I love my ketogenic lifestyle, it did not make me magically stop loving chocolate. I don’t crave sugar like I used to but I still want chocolate treats, specifically chocolate cupcakes.
So, what’s a girl to do? The answer is make Keto-friendly chocolate recipes! And that, friends, is where these sinfully delicious chocolate cupcakes come in!
These cupcakes are moist, extra chocolate-y, and very easy to whip up! The coffee in this recipe doesn’t give these a mocha flavor but amplifies the chocolate flavor.
You can use this recipe for a 9″ layer cake, cupcakes, and whatever else your heart desires!
I opted for cupcakes because they’re fun and easy to pack in my sweet daughter’s lunch box!
A few notes about this recipe:
1. Make sure your coffee is strong! It will not make your cake taste like coffee but it will enhance the chocolate flavor tenfold. If you’re using a Keurig (does anyone brew coffee the old fashioned way anymore?), there’s normally a button that says “strong” that will let you brew it stronger than normal.
2. To keep the carb count low enough for keto and to make these a small treat, I divided the batter into 24 small cupcakes. If you want a full size cupcake, see note #3, and double the macros.
3. I used a medium sized cookie scoop to divide out my batter. 2 scoops were the larger cupcakes and 1 scoop was the smaller cupcake.
4. Use silicone cupcake liners for the best results!
The Best Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sweetener
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz strong coffee
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 In a mixer with whisk attachment, combine dry ingredients on low to whisk out lumps.
- 3 Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each.
- 4 Add butter, vanilla extract, and coffee, and whisk well.
- 5 Divide batter equally between 24 muffin liners. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.