Buttery keto yellow cake with fudgey chocolate frosting is just like a boxed mix but sugar free, gluten free, and only 1.4 net carbs per piece! If you need a keto birthday cake, dessert for family dinner, or just miss baking easy cakes, you’re sure to love this keto yellow cake recipe.
Of all of the recipes on my blog, this keto yellow cake is probably my second favorite! It tastes just like a “regular” cake and comes out perfect every time!
When I was recipe testing for my Triple Berry Muffins, one attempt came out very cake-like. It wasn’t quite muffin-y but it also wasn’t cupcake-y.
Highly technical stuff here. But, it was on the right track to being cake so it got my wheels turning. What evolved out of that recipe fail was this buttery golden keto cake.
I even used it for my youngest’s first birthday cake. I was actually pregnant with her when I originally wrote this post! Awww, right?!
If you’re looking for a legit keto yellow cake with fudgey keto chocolate frosting, I implore you to try this one! You will not be disappointed!
You’re Going To Love This Keto Yellow Cake:
And here’s why:
- As easy to make as a boxed cake mix
- Comes out perfect every time
- Double or triple the recipe for a layered cake or a big sheet cake
- Tastes like the golden butter cake you’re already familiar with
- Perfect for birthday cakes
- Thick chocolate fudge frosting tops it off
- Gluten free
- Only 1.4 net carbs per piece
Making Your Own Keto Golden Butter Cake
I know people hate the word, but, this keto yellow cake is so moist! All of that butter guarantees this cake isn’t eggy or dry, promise.
It certainly doesn’t taste healthy. In fact, my 6 year old thought I’d made a boxed cake.
Best of all, there aren’t any special products in this keto golden butter cake recipe. You only need 6 basic ingredients and one bowl to whip up this one up.
I’ve made this keto yellow cake into a sheet cake with a 9×13 pan, cupcakes, and as a layer cake. If you’re using this recipe as a birthday cake, double it and make a giant layer cake!
You could even make it in a bundt pan and use it for pound cake! I have used this recipe each way and let me just say, it never disappoints!
Oh, and the frosting…we haven’t even talked about the frosting yet!
Remember the canned fudge frosting? Yeah, this sugar free chocolate fudge frosting tastes just like that! It’s thick, rich, and extremely chocolatey! And just like the cake, the ingredients are few and basic.
Ingredients and Substitutions For Your Keto Yellow Cake:
Want to know if you can substitute flours? Not sure which sweetener to use? Here’s a list of substitutions that should help answer those questions:
- Almond Flour– do not substitute coconut flour with almond flour. Unfortunately, coconut flour is not a congruent baking substitute for almond flour. Coconut flour has different properties and is not measured cup for cup like almond flour. If your almond flour baked goods have a nutty taste, I suggest trying a different brand like Anthony’s or Bob’s Red Mill (or Costco brand if you’re a member). Also, make sure your almond flour is super fine for the best crumb.
- Sweeteners– powdered and granular sweetener can be used in the cake portion of the recipe. Personally, I think powdered sweetener yields the best results but when using [most] powdered sweetener, you must remember to check the ratios on the bag and adjust accordingly. For example, 1 cup of granular sweetener is typically 1/2 cup powdered. Also, some brands vary in measurements (like Pyure) so be sure to check the ratio on your product’s bag. And always use powdered sweetener in frostings so you don’t have a gritty frosting.
Here Are Some More Keto Recipes You Are Sure To Love:
Keep cake covered in the refrigerator up to one week. The cake is best served room temperature. Let your piece of cake sit on the counter for 10 to 20 minutes for the best experience. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Cake:
For the Frosting:
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 21.5gCarbohydrates: 2.9gFiber: 1.5gProtein: 4.9g
Keep cake covered in the refrigerator up to one week. The cake is best served room temperature. Let your piece of cake sit on the counter for 10 to 20 minutes for the best experience.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.