Thick cut boneless pork chops are seasoned and baked in the oven before getting smothered in a bacon and mushroom cream sauce. This easy keto smothered pork chops recipe is a crowd pleaser for all.
Smothered pork chops are a dish that have been welcomed into homes all around the country for years. Pork chops are one of my favorite meats to work with because they are budget friendly and easy to cook. Sticking with my Southern roots, this smothered pork chops recipe uses butter, cream, and bacon to really take the chops over the top! I’m happy to partner with The Ohio Pork Council to bring you this delicious keto smothered pork chop recipe! Learn more about responsible pig farming by visiting Ohiopork.org.
These Are The Best Keto Smothered Pork Chops
- Juicy oven baked pork chops– no need to worry about frying your chops to the perfect temperature. This recipe will show you how easy it is to make boneless pork chops in the oven.
- Topped with a rich cream sauce– there’s nothing bland about this dish. Your pork chops will be topped with sautéed bacon, mushrooms, and garlic and nestled in a savory cream.
- Budget friendly recipe– pork chops are one of the least expensive cuts of meat available these days making them an ideal choice for a weeknight meal.
- Picky eater approved– these smothered pork chops were adored by everyone in my family from my husband to picky toddler.
- Lifestyle friendly for keto, low carb, gluten free.
How To Make Boneless Pork Chops In The Oven
It’s really easy to make your keto smothered pork chops in the oven without having to sear them first. After seasoning your pork chops, place them on a baking sheet with a wire rack. This lets air circulate under the chops and liquid to drip out. Bake them at a high temperature (400 degrees) for a short amount of time (25 minutes) to achieve a juicy pink center. Pork is at the optimum doneness when the center reaches 145 degrees. Watch the video for a full tutorial of this recipe.
How To Make The Bacon Mushroom Cream Sauce For This Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
While your chops are baking away in the oven, you can prepare the bacon and mushroom cream sauce so that everything is ready at the same time. Start by frying to slices of bacon that have been cut into small pieces. Sauté garlic and mushrooms in butter before adding heavy cream and letting it simmer till slightly reduced. Finish the sauce by adding cubed cream cheese to richen and thicken the sauce. Before serving, nestle the cooked pork chops into the sauce and garnish with fresh parsley. Watch the video for a full tutorial of this recipe.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Mushrooms– this recipe calls for sliced white mushrooms but you can use portabella, shiitake, or cremini mushrooms as well.
- Heavy cream– if you are dairy free, try extra creamy oat milk (same carb count as half n half). Do not use half n half or it will be too runny.
Serving Suggestions for Keto Smothered Pork Chops
- I like to serve these smothered pork chops with something green, like these crispy brussel sprouts. The contrast of the rich and meaty sauce compliments the roasted sprouts really well.
- This creamy cauliflower rice is another great low carb side dish to serve with your pork chops and is an interesting alternative to mashed cauliflower. The sauce from the pork chops on the creamy cauliflower rice is to die for!
Smothered Pork Chops (Keto, Low Carb)
- 6 thick cut boneless pork chops about 1 to 1.5″ thick (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 slices bacon cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened and cubed
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Combine salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl. Evenly distribute the seasoning on both sides of the pork chops. Rub or pat the seasoning onto the chops with your fingers.
- Place the chops on the wire rack and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- With 15 minutes left on the pork chop oven timer, begin the sauce.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until tender crisp but do not overcook. Transfer the cooked bacon pieces to a small bowl but do not drain the bacon grease.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and let melt. Add the garlic and sauté 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and toss to coat with the butter and garlic. Saute 2 to 3 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the remaining butter and continue cooking until the mushrooms are a rich brown color, about 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Add the heavy cream to the skillet and stir to combine. Return the bacon to the skillet. Reduce the heat slightly.
- Let the sauce simmer about 5 minutes to reduce slightly, sitrring occasionally to prevent burning. Add the cream cheese cubes and stir until melted and combined.
- Let the sauce simmer on low until the pork chops are done, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven and nestle into the sauce. Use a spoon to drizzle some of the sauce on top of the pork chops. Garnish with fresh parlsey and serve.