Keto friendly chicken fajitas made easy with this 30 minute meal! Clean ingredients, fast prep, and full of flavor! Less than 4 net carbs per serving!
Mexican food is my all time favorite food! Gimme allllll the queso, salsa, and guac you got! I’ve truly never met a taco I didn’t like. That’s why I made these sheet pan fajitas. I’m just trying to do my part and spread that taco love, y’all.
It wasn’t always like that though. There was a dark time in my life where I hated Mexican food. Can you believe the horror I went through? A child who refused to eat tacos? Thankfully, I saw the Light and grew out of that nonsense.
It comes as no surprise that we eat tacos all the time in our house. Normally I fix my Beef Tacos or Salsa Chicken Tacos but there are times when I’m more in a fajita mood. I love the combination of spices, peppers, and meat in fajitas.
Fajitas are typically fried in a cast iron skillet which gives them those nice crispy edges. I made these on a sheet pan in my oven because some days I just don’t have it in me to stand over a stove. Kids man, they’re cute but they’ll suck the life out of ya. You could definitely make these fajitas in a skillet if you feel up to it, though!
You’ll want to put the meat and peppers on a rack on your sheet pan so that the juice and fat can drip down. That’ll help keep everything from getting soggy. That lesson may have been learned the hard way. I like added crisp only fajitas so I throw these under the broiler after they’re finished cooking but it isn’t necessary!
I served these fajitas on top of a bed of Mexican Cauliflower Rice and then drizzled some queso and hot sauce on top! Oh, and you can’t forget about the guacamole or avocado! If low carb tortillas are you’re thing, you could make fajita quesadillas, enchiladas, or burritos. 🙂
Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 1.5 boneless chicken breasts (about 3 large pieces)
- 5 oz yellow bell pepper (about 1 medium sized pepper)
- 5 oz red bell pepper (about 1 medium sized pepper)
- 5 oz green bell pepper (about 1 medium sized pepper)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3 tsp hot sauce (I used Cholula)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Slice chicken breasts into very thin strips lengthwise. Cut each strip in half lengthwise again. Imagine the thickness of fajitas from Mexican restaurants when you’re cutting.
- 2 Slice peppers into thin strips.
- 3 In a measuring cup, combine all remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- 4 Place peppers and chicken strips in a large bowl or ziplock bag. Pour marinade on top and refrigerate 30 minutes (up to overnight).
- 5 Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 6 Using a baking sheet with a roasting rack on top, spread pepper and chicken mixture in an even layer.
- 7 Bake 15 minutes. Put under broiler for 5 minutes to crisp up edges.
You can add some sliced onion, tomatoes or jalapeños to this too!