How many of y’all meal prep on Sundays? Planning your meals ahead of time, whether that’s just on paper or cooking, is an excellent way to stay on track in your weight loss journey. It also helps you save money because when you plan ahead, you’re less likely to run through the drive-thru or go out to eat.
With that being said, meal prepping is time consuming. You need to devote 1 day a week to shopping, cooking, and organizing your fridge. It may seem tedious but it is proven effective. And as I always say, plan ahead or plan to fail!
During my first month of keto, I made these little egg muffins for my husband and I to eat on busy mornings. I’m not reinventing the wheel with this recipe BUT they are still delicious, EASY, cost effective, and keto approved!
A few tips about this recipe:
1. Use muffin liners. The first time I made them, I did not, and they were kind of hard to get out of my pan.
2. These are 100% customizable! Add spices, garlic, peppers, different cheese, etc. Just be sure to adjust the recipe in MFP (or whatever tracker you use) to get the MOST ACCURATE macros.
3. If they seem undercooked, that is OKAY! Keep in mind they’re going to be reheated in the microwave which will cook them more.
4. If you don’t want your bacon chewy and wrapped around the muffin, fry it up first and add it (chopped) to the muffin cup before bacon! Homemade bacon bits! Yum!!
On The Go Egg Bites
These grab and go egg muffins are fully customizable! Add your favorite veggies and meats for an easy on the go breakfast.
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin or use silicone liners. Set aside.
- 2 Line muffin tins with bacon pieces by either wrapping the bacon in a circle around the tin or cutting the bacon in half and making an X inside the tin.
- 3 In a large measuring cup, whisk eggs, cream, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- 4 Pour egg mixture evenly into muffin tins.
- 5 Bake 15 minutes or until mostly set. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing. Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Substitute bacon for ham. Line a muffin tin with a slice of ham so that it acts as a bowl for the egg mixture. Follow the same instructions as above for cooking. Adjust macros accordingly.