This keto stuffed jalapenos low-carb recipe will be a new favorite of yours. They’re incredibly easy to make and are stuffed with cheesy buffalo chicken deliciousness. This low-carb keto recipe is perfect as an appetizer or a snack or even a part of a spread when entertaining friends and family. At home, we always enjoy having a ton of appetizers out to snack on.
How to Make Keto Stuffed Jalapenos
I love this simple keto dish because if you use pre-cooked chicken, the meal prep and cook time is quick and the dish can come together really quickly.
I generally just use leftover rotisserie chicken or leftover crockpot shredded chicken for this recipe.
If you need to cook the chicken breast, you can boil about half a pound of the raw chicken breast until cooked to 165 degrees (about 15 minutes). This will give you about 6 ounces of cooked chicken breast.
You’ll just mix your chicken with cream cheese, spices, and hot sauce. Fill up your halved jalapenos, then sprinkle cheese on top and bake ‘em. We love these at our house with a cheddar/mozzarella blend, but you can also make these with Colby Jack or Pepperjack.
The result? They’re a little spicy, super cheesy, and just plain delicious low carb appetizer or homemade keto snack.
Can Stuffed Jalapenos be Frozen?
Yes! If you want to freeze these, you’ll stuff them and freeze them prior to cooking. The only modification I recommend for freezing is stirring the shredded cheese into the cream cheese mixture instead of sprinkling it on top. It’s just easier to freeze them this way compared to sprinkling it on top.
When you’re ready to cook them, just pull them out of the freezer and pop them directly in the oven. You will probably need to cook them for an additional 5 minutes.
Keto Stuffed Jalapeno Nutrition Facts
Each one of these keto stuffed jalapeno halves has about 100 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 8.5 grams of protein. There’s only about 1 net carb per jalapeno half (1.4 grams total carbs minus 0.3 grams fiber), making them a perfect addition to your keto snacking routine.
Definitely give these a try for your next party, event, or just to have a little mid-day snack at home!
Keto Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 4 jalapenos halved (the long way) and deseeded
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- A dash of salt
- A dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breast shredded or chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Soften the cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds. Mix cream cheese and spices together in a medium sized bowl. Add in shredded chicken and hot sauce.
- Scoop cream cheese mixture into jalapeños halves. Place all 8 halves on a nonstick cookie sheet or in a cast iron skillet. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the jalapeños are tender and the cheese is melted. If you want the cheese a little crispy, put under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.