Our keto omelet recipe is the perfect way to start your day. It has all the flavors of a jalapeno popper – and packs in tons of fat for a keto filling morning meal that I know all you fat-adapted folks will love!
Heck, even if you’re not on the keto diet, I know you’ll love this. My wife has been obsessed with it lately! (And yes, I realize it is not the most beautiful recipe out there – but hey, it tastes amazing).
Keto-Friendly Omelet Recipe
Almost any omelet can generally fit into a keto-friendly diet. Most are made with non-starchy vegetables that are low in net carbs, along with eggs (also low in carbohydrates) which provide a mixture of protein and fat. If there’s cheese in the recipe, you’ll get additional fat content which is great.
The reason this particular jalapeno popper omelet is so awesome for the keto diet is that it packs more than 40 grams of fat into your breakfast meal! That’s thanks to the addition of butter, cream cheese, and regular cheese in the recipe (Yummmm).
If you calculate out the macro breakdown on this omelet, you’re looking at 77% of calories from fat, 5% of calories from carbohydrates, and 18% of calories from protein. That is a pretty amazing breakfast breakdown that falls right in line with your ideal keto diet macros!
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe:
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
You’ll sauté up your jalapeno in butter, and while those are cooking, whisk your eggs with a little almond milk. Dump the eggs into the skillet and add a few dollops of cream cheese along with your shredded cheddar. Cook it until the eggs are set and boom – breakfast heaven.
What To Serve with this Omelet
This meal is incredibly filling as-is. But if you want something to serve with it, here are a few ideas:
- Bacon (I recently learned how to cook bacon in the oven and this method is so helpful!)
- Cauliflower hash browns
- Breakfast salad with avocado
- Prosciutto wrapped asparagus
- Keto avocado smoothie
LOOKING FOR MORE KETO BREAKFAST IDEAS?
No matter how much you love this keto omelet, you’ll of course need some breakfast variety! Try one of these tasty options:
- Keto Pancakes – If you’ve got leftover cream cheese on hand after making this omelet, you’ll want to try these pancakes that use a cream cheese base. They’re delicious with some sugar free maple flavored syrup.
- Cheeseburger Frittata – This gives me an excuse to break out the cast iron skillet for breakfast AND get some delicious grass-fed beef in my meal – win, win.
- Brussels and Bacon Hash – This recipe is a great way to get in an unconventional vegetable at breakfast. I love the combination of the brussels, bacon, and eggs on top.
- Steak and Eggs – I don’t have a recipe, but this is a classic. Grab a rib eye, fry up a few eggs – simple and it’s sheer deliciousness.
- “Noatmeal” – It’s not oatmeal, but this combination of hemp hearts, flaxseed, chia seeds, and coconut will give you that same warm, comforting breakfast. (In a way that fits your diet of course).
- Keto Dutch Baby – This low carb dutch baby combines blackberries and macadamia nuts with the almond flour base to make a sweet treat for breakfast with just 5 grams of net carbs.
I hope you enjoy this recipe – if you get a chance to try it, definitely leave a recipe rating and comment below.
Jalapeno Popper Keto Omelet
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large jalapeno chopped
- 2 eggs
- Splash unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the jalapeno to the skillet and sauté for about 3-5 minutes, until starting to get tender.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl and add a splash of almond milk (about 1 tbsp or so). Whisk the eggs.
- Turn the skillet with the jalapenos to medium low and pour in your eggs. Cut the cream cheese into a few pieces and dollop onto the eggs in the skillet. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- When the eggs have been cooking for 1-2 minutes and are completely set on the bottom, use a spatula to flip the eggs over in the pan. Cook for another 30-60 seconds, then fold one side over onto the other and serve.