Who’s gearing up for fall? Once school goes back in session my mind shifts to all things autumn! Fall is my favorite season! Lucky for me, I live in northern Kentucky and we usually have the most gorgeous autumn leaves! Growing up a Georgia peach, fall lasted about a week, so I relish the fall season up here!
Fall, autumn, whatever you want to call it, is also one of my favorite food seasons! Yes, food seasons are a thing people. There are certain foods I only eat during certain times of the year. It makes them special that way.
One of those foods is spice cake! Growing up, my mom always made the boxed version. That was before we really knew how bad processed foods are for you. But as bad as those cake mixes are for us, the smell takes me back to some fond memories! I knew I had to recreate that cake in time for this fall! All that’s missing is some pumpkins and a hay bale.
I used my Classic Yellow Cake recipe as the base for this autumnal treat! Adding a little cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar turned my basic cake recipe into this heavenly delight. This recipe features Sukrin Gold which is a brown sugar substitute perfect for those of us on a low carb, sugar free, or ketogenic diet. You’ve seen it in a ton of my recipes (this one, that one, this one) if you’ve been following my blog for any length of time.
in frostings without having to pulse it in a grinder first.
If you love the flavors of autumn, you’re going to fall in love with this Spice Cake. (see what I did there?)
Keto Spice Cake With Maple Vanilla Frosting
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp butter melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Sukrin Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp Sukrin Gold
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract divided
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9″ cake pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, slowly stir almond flour, 1 cup of Sukrin Icing Sugar, 2 tbsp Sukrin Gold, baking powder, and spices to combine. Make sure there are not any large clumps.
- On low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each. Add 8 tbsp melted butter and 1 tbsp vanilla extract. Mix well until combined, scraping bottom and sides of bowl if necessary.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes clean. Let cool completely before flipping out of pan and adding frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese and 2 tbsp softened butter until fluffy.
- Add 2 tbsp Sukrin Icing Sugar and 1 tsp Sukrin Gold to mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Add 1 tbsp vanilla extract and sugar free maple syrup and mix.
- Spread on cooled cake. Refrigerate leftover frosting in airtight container for up to two weeks.
Please note that macros were calculated using My Fitness Pal and the brands referenced above. Altering ingredients or brands can change the macros for the recipe. Please verify your macros in a tracker to insure accuracy. All text and images Copyright Anna Hunley for Keto In Pearls. Shares are encouraged and appreciated. Please share this recipe by sharing a link, not a screenshot. Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites or social media is prohibited. You may share an excerpt and/or single photo, provided that full and clear credit is given to Keto In Pearls with a link back.