If you’re missing the tropical flavors of coconut fried shrimp since you started eating keto, then look no further! This recipe is easy, clean, and family friendly! I’ve even included recipes for 3 popular shrimp sauces for those of you who like to dip and dunk!
Close your eyes. Pretend your toes are in the sand, the waves are crashing, and the salty breeze is blowing through your hair. Are you relaxed now? That is my heaven.
Since I am landlocked living here in Kentucky, I have to bring the beach to me whenever I get the chance! Last week was a rough one. Snow. In March. Why, God, why?
I made these little fried coconut shrimp to get me through those dreary days. All that was missing was the beach view and a fruity umbrella drink!
Fried foods are really keto friendly when you use keto-friendly oils! Avocado oil, coconut oil, and even peanut oil are great when you’re frying in large batches! Don’t be afraid to save leftover oil too! Run the cooled oil through a fine strainer and save it in a mason jar for your next fry job! You’ll save your pennies that way!
And as y’all all know, I am a sauce person! I always something to dip, dunk, or cover my food in. I’ve had a lifelong love affair with dipping sauce.
Traditional shrimp sauces are sugary (aren’t they all?). I made 3, yes THREE, options for you to try with these coconut shrimp! Creamy Spicy Sauce, Sweet Heat Sauce, and Traditional Cocktail Sauce!
Low Carb Coconut Fried Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds (about 42g)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil for frying (not added to macros)
- 1 Set up a dredging station with 2 large plates or shallow pie plates.
- 2 Add eggs to one plate. In second plate, combine coconut flakes and crushed pork rinds. Set aside
- 3 Pat shrimp dry. Toss in arrowroot powder.
- 4 Dredge shrimp in egg wash.
- 5 Dredge shrimp in coconut mixture. Use your hands to pat the mixture onto the shrimp so it sticks. Make sure they are well coated.
- 6 Heat coconut oil over MED HIGH heat in frying pan until sizzling. Fry shrimp 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Be careful not to overcook.
- 7 Transfer to paper towel lined plate to absorb grease.
These shrimp are best served fresh. Serving suggestion: serve over fried cauliflower rice or salad.
Sugar Free Cocktail Sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp sweetener
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp horseradish
- pinch of salt
- 1 Put all ingredients into food processor. Pulse into blended.
- 2 Store in fridge until ready to use. Refrigerate in airtight container up to one week.
Sweet Heat Shrimp Sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1.25 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1.25 tsp powdered sweetener
- 1 Mix all ingredients together in small bowl. Chill until ready to serve. Refrigerate in airtight container up to one week.
Spicy Shrimp Sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 Mix ingredients together in small bowl. Chill until ready to serve. Refrigerate in airtight container up to one week.
Please note that macros were calculated using My Fitness Pal and the brands referenced above. Altering ingredients or brands can change the macros for the recipe. Please verify your macros in a tracker to insure accuracy.
All text and images Copyright Anna Hunley for Keto In Pearls. Shares are encouraged and appreciated. Please share this recipe by sharing a link, not a screenshot.
Copy/pasting full recipe text to websites or social media is prohibited. You may share an excerpt and/or single photo, provided that full and clear credit is given to Keto In Pearls with a link back.