If you’re looking for a way to spice up your keto Mexican recipe repertoire, give these keto ground chicken tacos a try! This keto ground chicken recipe is dairy free, paleo, Whole30 compliant, and zero carb (if you don’t count vegetable carbs). Bonus, it’s ready in just under 30 minutes making it a perfect weeknight supper!
Easy keto recipes are kind of my thing. I need to feed a large family, fast. I bet you do too!
We’re big taco eaters. Given the option, my kids will always pick tacos, really any Mexican food, over other “kid food”.
So needless to say, we eat a lot of tacos. #notcomplaining
However, I do like to spice things up sometimes. (pun totally intended)
And I don’t mean spice as in spicy heat. I mean spice in the sense of variety.
Way back before I started keto, I used to make these ground chicken tacos that I had seen on a Food Network show.
They were so yummy and super easy but they had a spice packet in it that has maltodextrin (ick) and you had to thicken it with a flour based roux (ugh).
I really missed those tacos so I decided to modify the recipe into something more keto friendly. They ended up even more delicious than I remembered (probably because it’s cleaner)!
These Are The Best Keto Ground Chicken Taco Recipe Ever
And this is why:
- Simple and clean ingredient
- Dairy free
- Paleo and Whole30 compliant
- A tasty alternative to chicken breast or ground beef tacos
- Ground chicken is really inexpensive
- Ready in about 30 minutes
- Kid friendly
- Zero carb (if you don’t count vegetable carbs like me)
Making Your Own Dairy Free Keto Ground Chicken Recipe
What I love most about this keto Mexican recipe is that it is super duper simple to throw together.
It is ideal for a busy weeknight dinner or if you’re meal prepping for the week.
As I mentioned above, the recipe I used to follow for these ground chicken tacos called for a spice packet that had maltodextrin (corn) and other preservatives in it.
As I’ve maintained a low carb lifestyle over the years, I’ve cut out the majority of seasoning packets, especially those with icky ingredients.
To amp up the flavor in this clean keto Mexican recipe, I used a bunch of organic spices and some fresh pepper, onion, and garlic.
The combination of spices really took this dish from yum to whoah!
Once everything is cooked and the spices are blended in, you’ll add some chicken stock and xanthan gum and simmer until you have a nice sauce that also has those fiesta flavors we all love!
The whole dish comes together in about 20 minutes so you can get to the important part…eating!
How To Serve This Keto Ground Chicken Recipe
The best part about this keto Mexican recipe is that you can serve it up so many different ways to keep you from getting bored!
Here are a few ways I like to plate my keto ground chicken tacos:
- Nacho style: use pork rinds, grain free tortilla chips, or make homemade chips using low carb tortillas or lavash bread. Let the family have fun building their nachos with their favorite toppings!
- Taco style: you can’t go wrong with a low carb tortilla (if you’re not gluten sensitive). I have tried many different brands and really haven’t found one I don’t like. I usually just buy whatever my grocery store has on sale for the week.
- Salad style: taco salads are one of my favorites, especially for lunch. Use crisp romaine, fresh tomato, avocado, salsa, and sour cream for an unforgettable lunch or dinner.
- Bowl style: amp up the volume with keto Mexican rice, queso, salsa, or whatever else your taco lovin’ tummy fancies!
Here Are Some More Keto Mexican Recipes You May Like:
- Keto Mexican Rice
- Spicy Chicken Tacos
- Low Carb Beef Tacos
- Keto Breakfast Burrito Quiche
- Keto Fajita Casserole
- Mexican Shredded Beef
- Taco Cheeseburgers
Ground Chicken Tacos
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 4.5 ounces chopped bell pepper any color works
- 1.5 ounces diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 2.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- cilantro for garnish if desired
- In a large pan over medium heat, saute peppers, onions, and garlic in the oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, stir, and cook 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook through until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to break into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the xanthan gum and stir. Add the chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until thickened and reduce, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
Low Carb Chipotle Lime Mexican Coleslaw | Keto In Pearls
Wednesday 16th of March 2022
[…] Ground Chicken Tacos […]
Mexican Shredded Chicken (Instant Pot + Crock Pot) | Keto In Pearls
Tuesday 19th of January 2021
[…] Ground Chicken Tacos (keto, paleo, dairy free, Whole30) […]
Tuesday 12th of January 2021
This looks delicious! Planning on making this tonight. I ran out of xantham gum - any recommendations to use as a replacement?
Tuesday 12th of January 2021
You could just omit it altogether. It just helps the chicken be a bit more saucy but it doesn't effect taste.
Monday 8th of June 2020
I’m no longer keto, but made this today. It’s delicious! I get heartburn from peppers, so I added corn and black beans (again, no longer keto) to my meat. Great combo in hard shells or on tortilla chips. Yum yum YUM!
Monday 3rd of February 2020
Love those pancakes