Grain free and gluten free keto cornbread muffins. This is one of my top 3 pinned recipes. Perfect for your keto chili and breakfast sandwiches!
Every true southerner loves cornbread! And most southerners have a preferred style of cornbread. Some folks like it dry and crumbly. Others like it . I love it slightly sweet and cake-y!
Since corn is obviously NOT part of a ketogenic diet, I’ve been on the search for the perfect low carb replica.
I’ve tried a couple of other grain free cornbread recipes but none of them really satisfied the craving. So, I experimented on my own and FINALLY nailed one down that will be PERFECT this fall with soups, chilis, and bacon and eggs.
These muffins are hearty enough to withstand a bowl of chilly and soft enough to use as for breakfast sandwich. In other words, they are GOOD!
These keto cornbread muffins are also VERY easy to make and don’t require any weird ingredients! You can play with this recipe and add in your favorite mix-ins. I’ve seen people add jalapeños, cheese, garlic, and ranch mix. There’s a reason these muffins went viral on Instagram! Just sayin’…
I’ve made this recipe in a cast iron skillet, in my Instant Pot, and in a loaf pan. Shoot, you could probably even fry them up like hot cakes! Now that’s real Southern!
No matter how you make ’em, I know you’re going to just love ’em!
Keto Cornbread Muffins
- 1.25 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp butter, slightly softened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin or line with silicone liners.
- 2 Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
- 3 Use fork (or hands) to work butter into the dry mixture. Incorporate until a dough like texture is achieved.
- 4 Add eggs and stir with fork until well combined. It will be lumpy.
- 5 Divide batter between muffin tins.Bake 13-15 minutes until tops are golden brown.
You may omit the cheddar cheese if desired.