Chocolate, caramel, nuts, and whipped cream take over this basic yellow cake for a scrumptious keto ice cream sundae cake that is sure to please all!
One of things I used to love doing as a kid was go out for ice cream sundaes. Especially if we got to eat them in an old fashioned diner with juke boxes and red vinyl seats. Those were the good ‘ol days.
I’m pretty sure my oldest (she’s 7) would have no idea what a juke box is. And if I tried to explain that you put a quarter in a box, flipped through the song choices, and then pressed a combination of letters and numbers to get the single song to play, she would look at me like I had 12 eyeballs.
I know this because we tried to tell her that we didn’t have internet until we were older kids and she just couldn’t understand. Kids these days…
I cream sundaes are just a delicious treat. Whipped cream, chocolate, caramel, nuts, coconut, cherries if you’re feeling extra fancy!
That’s where the inspiration for this cake came from. Cravings of chocolate, caramel, and whipped cream. I’m a simple girl, y’all. It really doesn’t take much. (Just don’t ask my mom or husband to validate that, LOL)
Have you made my Classic Yellow Cake before? If not, you’re missing out because it’s the best butter golden cake you’ll have on keto!
We use that cake recipe, sans frosting, as the base for this cake. Then when it comes out of the oven, we poke holes all over it, pour in caramel syrup, and then let it cool so we can top it will ALLLL the goodies!
I used my favorite ChocZero sugar free syrups and candy bars to make this cake. If you’re not familiar with ChocZero or don’t follow me on Instagram where I pretty much talk about them once every day, then let me fill you in quickly.
ChocZero is a sugar free, keto friendly sweets company. They sell chocolate and syrups of all varieties. They use monk fruit to sweeten their products (no effect on blood glucose levels) so the carb counts are REALLY low!
Believe it or not, they didn’t ask me to write this or create this recipe, but I genuinely love it so much that I can’t not share it with you! Plus, it’s my mission to make sure everyone buys from them so they’re forever in business because I just can’t live without their keto bark!
Anyway, back to the cake!
This one is a decadent recipe but I promise it’s worth the 4carbs per slice! This would make a great birthday cake or potluck dessert too!
Ice Cream Sundae Cake
- For the Cake:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sweetener (I use Sukrin USA Icing Sugar)
- 8 tbsp butter, melted
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- For the Toppings:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sweetener (I use Sukrin USA Icing Sugar)
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz pecans, chopped
- 2 oz sugar free chocolate candy, chopped (I used ChocZero Keto Bark)
- 6 tbsp sugar free caramel syrup (I used ChocZero)
- 3 tbsp sugar free chocolate syrup (I used ChocZero)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Step 2 Combine all ingredients for cake in a mixer. Whisk until well combined.
- Step 3 Pour batter into baking dish and smooth into even layer.
- Step 4 Bake for 20-25M until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 5 Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the cake.
- Step 6 Drizzle 4 tbsp of the caramel sauce over the cake. Make sure to get it into the holes. Put cake in fridge to continue cooling.
- Step 7 Use a hand mixer to beat heavy cream until it is stiff. Set aside.
- Step 8 Use the hand mixer to beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup powdered sweetener so it is soft and fluffy.
- Step 9 Scoop cream cheese mixture out of bowl and add to whipped cream. Use mixer to whisk whipped cream and cream cheese together until just combined. It should become thick like a frosting.
- Step 10 Remove cake from refrigerator and spread whipped cream mixture on top. Use an offset spatula to smooth.
- Step 11 Drizzle remaining caramel syrup and chocolate syrup on top. Sprinkle nuts and candy pieces on top.
- Step 12 Store in refrigerator covered up to 1 week.