Crustless pizza is a popular alternative to keto pizza toppings. This supreme pizza casserole is an easy keto crockpot chicken recipe. Enjoy as is or serve over your favorite low carb noodle substitute. Either way, this keto pizza casserole is a unique and fun way to enjoy pizza on keto.
What is Keto Supreme Pizza Casserole
This keto crockpot chicken recipe is a crowd pleasing dinner idea that is a spin on crustless pizza. Instead of baking keto pizza toppings, pizza is adapted into a keto crockpot chicken recipe! Chicken is slow cooked with fresh vegetables and pasta sauce until tender and fragrant. The result is a scrumptious and flavorful keto pizza casserole.
What is in This Pizza Casserole
As written, this crustless pizza casserole has chicken, pepperoni, Italian sausage, bell pepper, onion, garlic, pasta sauce, and mozzarella pearls. You can adapt the toppings to your family’s preferences. Here are some suggestions for various toppings:
- Bacon crumbles
- Frozen spinach
- Black or green olives
- Ground beef (cooked)
- Canadian Bacon
Why Type of Sausage Should Be Used
Depending on your dietary preferences mild or hot Italian sausage may be used in this keto pizza casserole. It is best to avoid sweet Italian sausage as most are sweetened with sugar and higher in carbs. It is not recommended to use breakfast sausage in this recipe. Ground Italian sausage or links can both be used. If using links, remove the casing before cooking.
Is This Keto Pizza Casserole Whole30 Compliant
To make this recipe Whole30 compliant, choose a pasta sauce without added sugar and omit the mozzarella pearls. If a pasta sauce is whole30 compliant, it will generally have the Whole30 icon shown on the label. This one is a good option that my family enjoys.
Is this Pizza Casserole Paleo and Gluten Free
Yes, this keto pizza casserole is gluten free and paleo approved (if the mozzarella pearls are omitted). The casserole is show with gluten free noodles but they can be omitted for keto or low carb. Choose a clean pasta sauce, such as this one, to remain paleo compliant.
Can This Keto Pizza Casserole Be Served with Noodles
Absolutely! This keto pizza casserole is delicious on top of gluten free or low carb noodles. For a full list of keto, low carb, and gluten free noodle options, keto noodle guide! These are the gluten free organic noodles in the images.
Can This Pizza Casserole Be Made in the Instant Pot
As written, this keto crockpot chicken recipe is not written for the Instant Pot. Tomato based recipes need adjustments for the Instant Pot because the natural acid and sugar in the tomatoes will burn at the bottom of the pot. An Instant Pot version will be available soon and this post will be updated with that link when it is ready.
More Keto Pizza Topping Recipes To Try:
- Sausage Crust Pizza
- Pizza Soup
- Fathead Pizza Dough WITHOUT Cream Cheese
- Low Carb Pizza Stuffed Peppers
Crockpot Keto Supreme Pizza Casserole
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ounces uncured pepperoni
- 1/2 onion diced (about 4 ounces)
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 jar unsweetened pasta sauce 25 ounces
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- fresh Italian parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the Italian sausage until mostly cooked through. Break up into medium sized pieces while cooking. Drain the grease.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Sprinkle the italian seasoning and gresh garlic on top of the chicken.
- Add the sausage, pepperoni, and vegetables. Pour the pasta sauce evenly over the top of everything.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Use a fork to gently break up the chicken after cooking.
- Add the mozzarella pearls to the mixture and toss everything together.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if using.