This easy keto crockpot recipe is just what your family needs! Bacon wrapped chicken stuffed with broccoli and pimento (or cheddar) cheese is a kid friendly keto recipe that is only 1.5 net carbs per serving! Your family is sure to love this keto stuffed chicken!
Who else struggles to get their kids to eat vegetables every day?
I mean, it’s like my kids find it some big shock every night when I tell them they have to eat their veggies.
And don’t get me started on bath time…
Even though I am a firm believer in the carnivore approach to keto, I still want my kids to find a love for vegetables, not just a tolerance.
So, sometimes I try to get creative with my vegetable approach at dinner.
Any way I can sneak vegetables into food, I do it!
Which is exactly what I did with this keto stuffed chicken!
keto stuffed chicken in your crockpot
Being the meal preparer in a house can be a tough job.
Trying to appease everyone, fix something nutritious, and do it without dirtying up 20 dishes is a j-o-b.
Am I right or am I right?
While I looove my Instant Pot (did you know I wrote a cookbook?), I’ve really been enjoying using my crockpot again!
Set it and forget it recipes are some of the best.
And this broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken is an easy keto crockpot recipe!
Chicken breasts have a tendency to dry out quickly in the crockpot since the meat is so lean.
But wrapping the chicken in bacon not only helps seal in the juices, it adds fat to keep the chicken tender!
Of course you could also make this in the oven, too!
a kid friendly keto chicken recipe
Chicken and broccoli seem to be two of the more favorable foods with young kids.
Who else pretends like broccoli spears are trees and the kid is the giant eating them?
I’ll always let my kids “play” with their food if it means they’ll actually eat it.
This keto bacon wrapped chicken is definitely a family friendly keto dinner, which y’all know, is kinda my thing!
a southern flair on a classic recipe
By now, y’all know I’m from the South and love to put a Southern spin on my recipes.
My absolute favorite recipe in my new cookbook is my Southern Cornbread Dressing. It is soooo soooo good, y’all.
If you’re familiar with southern cornbread dressing, that recipe alone is worth buying my book! Ha!
So because I’m southern, naturally I love pimento cheese!
Pimento cheese is slightly smokey and has a deeper flavor than regular shredded cheddar cheese.
It really takes this keto bacon wrapped chicken to the next level!
But, if you’re not a fan of pimento cheese, that’s okay! You can just use regular shredded cheese instead!
how to serve your keto bacon wrapped chicken
Since we’ve already hit three of the food groups (protein, dairy, vegetable) in this recipe, you don’t need to make a big spread to go along with it.
Of course, extra veggies are never a bad thing!
With keto meals like this one, I like to keep my sides simple.
Mashed cauliflower, peas and carrots, or a side salad usually accompany our meals.
But, as the saying goes, you’re the boss applesauce!
Crockpot Keto Stuffed Chicken with Bacon and Cheese
- 4 boneless chicken breasts about 2 pounds
- 2.5 to 3 ounces broccoli florets cut into small pieces, if needed
- 1/2 cup pimento cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Place on a cutting board.
- Use a sharp knife to cut slits into the chicken lengthwise, making a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through the chicken.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 of the broccoli and 1/4 of the cheese.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with 3 pieces of bacon, overlapping where it meets. Use toothpics to 'pin' the bacon in place, where needed.
- Add the broth (or water) to the bottom of the crockpot. Place the chicken inside.
- Cook on low for 4.5 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Remove from crockpot. Discard toothpicks, if neccesary.