If you love buttery shrimp and fast cooking meals, then this Creamy Shrimp Scampi is for you!
Maybe it’s just me, but I LOVE daylight savings time! The longer days and extra sunshine more than makeup for the one hour of missed sleep! It’s not warm here in Kentucky, yet, but Spring is imminent and I just love that!
Warm(er) weather always beckons me to make bright food! I also like seafood more in the warmer seasons! It’s just so light, refreshing, and delicious!
This shrimp scampi recipe can be made in ONE pan, is on the table in just 30 minutes, and is perfect for Lenten season! Plus, it is truly a LCHF dish.
Only 5 net carbs per serving. Who says healthy has to taste like cardboard? I’ll stick with creamy, keto, yumminess!
A Few Notes About This Recipe:
1. Before you start cooking anything, place your noodles between 2 paper towels and pat them to absorb the water. Leave them sandwiched there until you’re ready to cook them.
2. This recipe cooks in 3 parts: shrimp first, noodles second, sauce last.
3. Everything cooks really quickly (hallelujah) so make sure you have everything prepped before you start cooking. There’s a technical culinary term for this…mis en place.
4. If your sauce is too thick after cooking, thin it out with 1 tbsp (up to 3) of chicken stock (or water).
5. Make sure you thaw and clean your shrimp before cooking. Even bags labeled “peeled & deveined” usually still have some veins (i.e. shrimp poo) in them. To thaw your shrimp, run them under COLD water in a colander. And if at all possible, do not use farm raised shrimp! Pay a little extra for wild caught! It’ll taste a million times better and it’s a trillion times better for your health and the environment.
Creamy Shrimp Scampi
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 20 oz zucchini noodles
- 3 tbsp chicken stock (or water, if needed)
- 1 In skillet over MED heat, add 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil. Cook shrimp until they are no longer heat. Remove to plate and set aside.
- 2 Add I clove minced garlic and zucchini noodles to skillet. Cook until noodles are soft. Remove to plate and set aside.
- 3 Add remaining butter and oil to skillet. Add rest of garlic and sauce 1-2 minutes.
- 4 Add heavy cream and stir continuously to prevent burning.
- 5 Add lemon juice , salt, and parmesan cheese, stirring to combine. If necessary, use chicken stock (or water) to thin out the sauce.
- 6 Toss noodles in sauce. Top with shrimp. Garnish with fresh parsley, parmesan cheese, and lemon wedge.
This recipe moves really quickly! Make sure to have you mis en place (everything in place) before you get cooking!