Who decided tacos were only designated for Tuesday’s? Because I’d like to explain to them that tacos are welcomed and invited every day in my house! AMIRIGHT?
This recipe is so easy that I almost didn’t write it up because it didn’t seem “blog worthy”. But then I thought, Anna, every taco recipe is blog worthy! Duh!
But really, y’all, this recipe couldn’t be any easier! You can make it in the Crock-Pot (RIP Jack) or Instant Pot, whatever floats your boat!
I like to serve this chicken “Chipotle style” with my Mexican Cauliflower Rice, queso, guacamole, and salsa. But it’s just as good in a cheese shell, with a fork, or wrapped in some low carb tortillas!
Creamy Salsa Chicken Tacos
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts
- 12 oz mild salsa (I used Herdez)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Pour chicken stock into Instant Pot.
- 2 Add chicken to pot and sprinkles spices on top.
- 3 Add salsa on top of chicken. Do not stir.
- 4 Cook on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes.
- 5 Manually release steam after 5 minutes of natural pressure release.
- 6 Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
- 7 Add cream cheese to pot and stir in juices until cream cheese completely melted.
- 8 Add chicken back to pot and and toss together.
Alternative Crock-Pot method: combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours. Shred chicken with two forks, return to pot, and toss to combine. This recipe also freezes real well!