Keto buffalo chicken meatballs are all the goodness of wings without the mess! A nearly zero carb keto snack for a keto party.
Lately, I have had a hankering for buffalo chicken. Before keto, I would sandwich it in between King’s Hawaiian rolls and go to town. I might have just drooled a little bit.
And football season is quickly approaching friends! ((GO VOLS)) I know my family is counting down till that first kickoff!
It got me thinking…what kind of snacks am I going to make for all the upcoming game days? Because, let’s be honest, football is all about food too!
We like to make a big spread, have some friends over, and relax over yummy snacks and watching my favorite team! I know, I know…I could eat a dip with celery or with a fork but that just isn’t the same. Finger foods are where it’s at!
I saw a recipe by a popular blog I used to follow for buffalo chicken meatballs but it wasn’t keto friendly either. So, I just decided to go for it and see if I could come up with one on my own.
Friends, these were phenomenal! My husband said they reminded him of a boneless wing!
These little guys are all the good parts about a chicken wing without all the mess and orange fingers. No wet wipes required!
Keto buffalo chicken meatballs will be perfect for game days and get togethers. You could even make these for a quick dinner with a salad and loaded broccoli!
I would even suggest making them ahead of time and freeze till you’re ready to serve! Or, bake them ahead of time and keep warm in a crock-pot if you want to carry them to a party!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 oz crushed pork rinds
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank's)
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2 Combine all ingredients except buffalo sauce in a bowl and mix well. The mixture will be sticky.
- 3 Use a small cookie scoop to shape meatballs. Use a kitchen scale to make sure each meatball is 1oz. You should get 20 meatballs out of the mixture.
- 4 Bake for 20 minutes on a baking sheet.
- 5 Remove from oven and place in new bowl. Toss in buffalo sauce.