Elevate your three ingredient buffalo dip with this baked keto buffalo chicken dip that’s just as easy but ten times more flavorful! Using pre-cooked or rotisserie chicken makes for a fast but drool-worthy keto appetizer!
One thing that I find really enjoyable about eating a ketogenic diet is that I don’t feel deprived when I’m at parties where there is a huge spread of dips and appetizers.
Many dips are a combination of fat and protein, it’s the dippers that getcha!
Buffalo chicken dip is definitely one of those classic party snacks that you can find at just about any get together. But, as good as it is, after you’ve had the same 3 ingredient lackluster dip over and over again, it loses its appeal.
This baked keto buffalo chicken dip is just as easy but ten times more flavorful! A few extra ingredients, that you almost definitely have in your kitchen, take this classic keto appetizer from good to WOW!
This Is Going To Be Your New Favorite Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
And this is why:
- Bold buffalo flavor
- Easy to make
- Ready in 30 minutes (when using pre-cooked chicken)
- Easily accessible ingredients
- Perfect for lunches, snacks, or parties
Making Your Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip At Home
Slow cookers and pressure cookers are great but there’s something to be said for baking. For one thing, you can use pretty baking dishes and not take up a ton of counter space.
For me, there’s also a feeling of gratification I get when I make something traditionally (oven, stove, grill) that I just don’t get from my crock-pot or pressure cooker. I’m weird though.
Even though this baked keto buffalo chicken dip has a few ingredients that you may not be used to putting in your “normal” recipe, I promise it’s worth the extra few minutes it takes to whip together!
The variety of cheese and spices and the addition of the jalapeño really amplify this easy keto appetizer!
Here’s What You Need:
- 9×13 baking dish, or similar
- large mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- wooden spoon or spatula
We save time by using pre-cooked chicken, such as rotisserie, canned, or refrigerated, but you can also take a little extra time and boil or pressure cook some chicken to shred up.
All you need to do is mix everything together in your mixing bowl, transfer to your baking dish, top with cheese, and bake. It really is that simple.
Serving Your Baked Keto Buffalo Dip
Let’s talk about the best part of this baked keto buffalo chicken dip: EATING it!
People new to keto sometimes feel like dips, like this one, are lackluster since they can’t have chips or crackers with it. To them I say, au contraire!
There are many different ways you can serve this baked keto buffalo chicken dip without feeling like you’re missing out on something!
Here Are Some Ways To Serve And Enjoy This Easy Keto Appetizer:
- Sliced radishes- you can even get them pre-sliced in some grocery stores.
- Celery sticks
- Carrot sticks- in moderation but really, did carrots ever make someone fat? Probably only the bunnies.
- Low carb chips such as my favorite protein chips, my favorite lower carb crackers, or my favorite cheese crisps.
- On fathead dough– make a “calzone”, sandwich rounds, or even breadsticks out of your fathead dough.
- Low carb flatbread- try this recipe by my friend Lauren (of Bon Appeteach). It’s easy and delicious.
Ingredients and Substitutions
The ingredients for this easy keto buffalo chicken dip are nothing uncommon. However, here are some tips in case you need them:
- Buffalo sauce– I like to use Frank’s Buffalo Sauce or Tabasco Buffalo Sauce. However, any brand that is zero carb will do.
- Bleu cheese dressing– if you’re not a fan of bleu cheese, swap it out for ranch. Just be mindful of the macros in your dressing.
- Jalapeño- if you don’t like the added heat, feel free to omit this altogether or just scrape out the seeds for a more mild pepper flavor.
- 16 ounces rotisserie or canned chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup bleu cheese dressing
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Celery or other dippers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, half the shredded
cheddar cheese, chili powder, onion powder, jalapeno, salt, and pepper.
- Add buffalo sauce and bleu cheese dressing, stir well.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top with the leftover shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Serve with celery or your favorite keto-friendly dipper.
Deseed the jalapeno for a milder spice leve. Substitute ranch dressing in lieu of bleu cheese if preferred.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quest Nutrition Tortilla Style Protein Chips, Ranch, Baked, 1.1 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Whisps Cheese Crisps Single Serve 12 Count Variety Pack |Back to School Snack, Keto Snack, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Low Carb, High Protein| 6 Parmesan and 6 Cheddar (12 x 0.63oz)
Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers, Fine Ground Sea Salt, Gluten Free, Flax Seed, Sunflower Seeds, Corn Free, Good for Snacks, Made with whole foods, 3 Count (Packaging May Vary)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 13.5gCarbohydrates: 2.3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0.3gProtein: 15.3g