This keto chicken chili is a comforting bowl of soup that rivals any you’d order at your local Mexican spot! Using leftover adobo chicken makes this low carb chili come together in 30 minutes or less. This keto chicken chili is dairy free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant too!
We’re halfway through our month of Spanish inspired recipes and I must say, I am lovinggg this series!
Would you believe that when I was a kid, I actually hated Mexican food?
I’m so glad I grew out of that funk because I cannot imagine a life without it now!
Earlier this week I posted a recipe for an easy adobo chicken and today I’m showing you how to repurpose those leftovers in an amazing keto chicken chili!
I love recipes where the leftovers can be reused in a totally separate but equally yummy meal.
It saves time in the kitchen since half of your meal is already prepared and it eliminates food waste! Double whammy!
Plus, it’s even better when both of those meals are ready in under 30 minutes!
You’re Going To Love This Keto Chicken Chili
And this is why:
- Great way to repurpose leftover adobo chicken
- Ready in just 30 minutes
- Convertible for the Instant Pot or Crock-Pot
- Bursting with flavor
- Spice level can be dialed down for different palettes
- Dairy free, paleo, Whole30
Making Your Own Adobo Chicken Chili At Home
If you’ve already made a batch of my adobo chicken, then this keto chicken chili comes together really fast and really easily.
Don’t fret if you haven’t made the chicken that you need for this chili. It only takes 15 minutes to whip it up in your Instant Pot!
You can simmer this chili on the stove while you whip up a batch of jalapeño cornbread.
If you want to make this even quicker, you may use your Instant Pot.
Or, throw everything in the slow cooker before you leave for the day and have a hearty meal ready when you get home.
See the notes section of the recipe card for those instructions!
No matter which way you choose to make it, this adobo chicken chili is a comforting bowl of soup that rivals any you’d order at your local Mexican spot!
How To Serve Your Chili
If you’re feeling the fiesta vibes, add some frozen cauliflower rice to the pot while your soup simmers. Muy delicioso!
As for topping your bowls of keto chicken chili, I find that these items compliment the flavors best:
- Cotija cheese
- a squeeze of lime or a lime wedge
- sour cream or Mexican crema
- thinly sliced green onion
Here Are Some More Keto Mexican Recipes You May Like:
- Keto Mexican Rice
- Spicy Chicken Tacos
- Low Carb Beef Tacos
- Keto Breakfast Burrito Quiche
- Keto Fajita Casserole
- Mexican Shredded Beef
- Taco Cheeseburgers
- 16 ounces (1 lb) adobo chicken
- 32 ounces (4 cups) chicken broth
- 8 ounces (1 cup) water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 14.5 ounces fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3.5 ounces yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 ounces red onion, diced
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
To make in an instant pot: add all ingredients to the pot. Close the lid and seal the vent. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Quick release steam.
To make in a slow cooker: add all ingredients to the bowl. Cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: about 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 1.6gCarbohydrates: 12.9gNet Carbohydrates: 8.8gFiber: 4.1gProtein: 26.3g