This keto grilled chicken is for all the pickle lovers! Bonus, you only need 3 ingredients to make this tangy and herby dairy free and zero carb grilled chicken! If you haven’t tried combining dill pickle and ranch, you’re in for a real treat with this easy keto chicken recipe.
I have been all about my grill this summer. Being able to cook dinner while my kids are outside playing is simply the best!
Grilling can be daunting for those who aren’t familiar with the technique (myself included) but it’s really super simple. If you know how to control heat on your stove, you can easily control the heat on a gas grill too.
Plus, grilling makes for the best clean up because there aren’t skillets, pans, or extra dishes to wash. Who doesn’t love less dishes to wash?!
This 3-ingredient keto grilled chicken marries two flavors that go together as well as peanut butter and jelly: dill pickle and ranch. If you haven’t tried combining dill pickle and ranch, you’re in for a real treat with this easy keto grilled chicken recipe.
Best of all, this is a dump and go keto grilled chicken recipe so you can spend more time doing what you love with those you love!
You’re Going To Love This Easy Keto Grilled Chicken
And here’s why:
- Only 3 ingredients needed
- Easily double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd
- Complimentary flavor pairings
- Fool proof recipe
- Zero carb (depending on which seasoning you use)
- Dairy free
- Kid approved
- Meal prep and freezer friendly
Making Your Own Pickle Ranch Keto Grilled Chicken
This three ingredient pickle ranch chicken is the quintessential dump and cook recipe! Brining your chicken in pickle juice makes your chicken juicy and tender while giving it a slightly tangy flavor.
All you need is:
- A large mixing bowl, baking dish, or ziplock bag
- Grill safe tongs or spatula
- Small mason jar
- Fork or small whisk
Check out this video and see just how easy it is to make:
Trust me when I say don’t skip the pickle ranch dip! It is so soo good!
Don’t be afraid of grilling either! If you can control the heat on your stovetop, you can control the heat on your grill.
Cook this chicken directly over the flame (direct heat) for about 7 minutes per side and you’ll end up with juicy and tender grilled chicken. If you’re worried about doneness, you can use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature registers 165ºF.
And if you want to learn more about grilling, be sure to check out my friend Lauren’s blog, Bon Appeteach. She is the queen of the (keto) grill!
Ingredients & Substitutions For Your 3 Ingredient Keto Chicken
With only 3 ingredients needed for this dairy free grilled chicken, there aren’t any substitutes that you need to know about. You can use any dill pickle juice that you have on hand, just make sure it’s zero carb and sugar free.
And as for ranch seasonings, use your favorite or make your own! There are several ranch seasonings available at the grocery stores now, some cleaner than others, so just pick one that you like. At the bottom of the recipe card you’ll find some clean dry ranch seasoning options available on Amazon.
Here Are Some More Recipes For All You Pickle Lovers:
- Easy Keto Dill Pickle Dip (nearly zero carb, vegetarian)
- Bacon Wrapped Pickle Poppers
- Southern Deviled Egg Salad (keto, zero carb, dairy free)
- The Best Keto Chicken Nuggets (Chick-Fil-A Copycat)
3 Ingredient Keto Grilled Chicken
For the Chicken:
- 2.5 to 3 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts about 4 to 6 breasts
- 3/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
For the Dip:
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pickle juice
- Add pickle juice and ranch seasoning to large bowl, ziplock bag, or deep baking dish and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts and submerge till they are covered in the brine. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat grill to 500 degrees. Place chicken on direct heat (over the flame) and cook for about 7 minutes per side. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and let rest 5 minutes before cutting to retain juices.
- To make the dip, whisk the ranch dressing and pickle juice together and chill until ready to serve.